1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbee

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by nerdgirl89, Jul 18, 2015.

1. nerdgirl89

Hello everyone! obvisouly I'm new here and pretty terrified which seems to be the consensous. I'm pansexual and I've known that for a very long time. Or so I thought. I love people equally and it doesn't matter what their gender is, that's how I've always been, and I've had relationships with both males and females. Only lately I've been noticing my attraction has been more focused on females so does that mean I'm actaully bi? I love my partner we've been together for nearly 8 years and now that we are digging into our sexualities and what we are wanting in our relationship things are getting a little more confusing for both of us. It's making me wake up and really ask myself...wth? I'm not ashamed, but I haven't 'come out' about the fact that I love all people regardless. I have some very judgemental family members and I don't want to come out with something until I know for sure what that something is. Plus it's no one's business but my own, but I've also learned I don't want to hide behind my relationship anymore. He's accepting so why shouldn't everyone else I love be right? Anyways I look forward to talking to like minded people and nice to meet you!

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off hello welcome to EC!!! Just because you prefer girls doesn't make you any less pan. And I understand why you're scared because the ever present thought of rejection plagues all of our minds. It's terrifying. But don't let that stop you because you have support. Heck without family, friends, and friends on EC, hardly anyone would survive.

...Nice to meet you XD(*hug*)

3. nerdgirl89

Thanks so much! And normally I don't really pay attention to what I find attractive about a person so yeah it's a little strange so thanks for saying that. Even my partner pointed out where my eyes tend to stray lately. he wasn't mean or anything at least. And I'm already realizing this community might become my second home and quite addicting
    Thanks for the welcome!

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pan. When (if) anyone asks if I'm gay I just say I'm bi and life goes on :slight_smile: people are accepting. don't worry. We are ALL pretty accepting on here as well! You're in good company. :slight_smile: but if you get turned around I know I need second opinions in the subject and I get lost so I hope we might be able to keep one another from getting too lost in this weird mess of desires that we, as people, have. Welcome.

6. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave

7. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there and Welcome to EC Forums

8. nerdgirl89

Hi! Thanks so much. I never knew there was a "term" for what I was until like about 1.5 years ago. I assumed I was bi because I like girls. But then I realized it was SO much more than that and I started to do some research. Knowledge is power after all. It's when I first came across the LGBTQ community and it all clicked. I get turned around all the time and I'm always feeling abit lost. So of course anytime you get lost reach for me and I'll be there. Nice meeting you.

9. lovely lesbian

10. nerdgirl89

Thanks for all the welcoming! It really makes things better knowing there is going to be people to accept you

11. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you get lost as well I've been on the hunt for myself, as well as we probably all are to some extent, so I am here. I'm glad yu asked though because I needed to ask the same thing. But if we feel pan then we are pan. Even if on average we see a few more attractive women than men ;p orrr vice versa

12. Chris1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome!! Sometimes questions about yourself dont need to be answered right away and the answers will come in time as long as we can learn to just be honest with ourselves (sounds easy, definitely NOT!)

But pleasure to meet you and if you ever fancy talking or asking me about my own experiences, feel free :slight_smile: x

13. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello & welcome, NG. I'm also pan. I had always considered myself bi, but, I realized recently that pan fits me better. Hope you enjoy your time here & make many new friends.