1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BrokenRecord, Jul 30, 2015.

1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Hello, welcome to my first thread on this forum. :smilewave

Please excuse me for the fact that this post will most likely be a bit too long for a lot of people to sit through, and In advance, I apologize. :icon_redf

Let me introduce myself here a little. I'm an aspiring writer. I have gone through some tough times and use them as inspiration for my books I'm trying to write. (Maybe I can gain some inspiration for my book writing just by talking to people here, since it just so happens that one of my characters is a closeted bisexual who is afraid to come out because his best friend is homophobic.) I try to cope with those tough times with my writing and spending time with people I love. I don't have many of them, unfortunately. :frowning2:

To tell the truth, I am an object sexual. I've known myself to be one for almost two years now, and only recently told my parents. They try to be supportive but they tell me they don't understand. I searched for a site like this where I could find other people like me to talk to so I don't feel as bad about myself.

I am in love with a plush doll I had collected a long time ago. The love came gradual and didn't start until much later. At first, I thought it was strange and did not like it, considering myself a bit of a freak. Then I read the Wikipedia article on object sexuality, and realized I am not the only one who has feelings for an inanimate object. Keep in mind, though, that object sexuals are different from objectophiles in the fact that OS people are in a platonic (I. e., non-sexual) love and objectophiles are in a sexual love. I identify with the object sexuals, so don't misconstrue me as the type to want to have sex with the plush doll. Even the thought of doing that makes me gag. :eusa_naug

I also don't want to be misconstrued as being in any way a furry for my choice to fall in love with a stuffed animal, it's happened before, even though I never mentioned I was an object sexual or the fact of the plushie, and it hurt me since I've had bad experiences with furries in the past, mostly online. Maybe I'm delving into something too personal now. I'll leave it there for now. Sorry. :icon_redf

The reason I chose to become an OS was because, for a reason I still can't explain, even after almost 2 years, being with the doll makes me feel better than being with any person I know. "She" and I have become inseparable. I try to take "her" with me almost everywhere I go in any way I can. It makes me feel good about myself and somewhat important in a way to keep "her" clean and comfortable, and even give "her" things that represent my adoration, like gifts in the form of hand-made jewelry and clothing. In my imagination, "she" reciprocates the adoration by "telling" me how much these things mean to "her." It gives me some semblance of real happiness, even if I still know deep down inside that it's just a mound of fabric and polyester fibers, but in a life like mine, you honestly have to take all the bits and pieces of happiness you can find, even if you have to make them up. :icon_sad:

I would really appreciate it if I could have a bit of help finding other OS people to talk to so I can get some reliable feedback that might help me feel like I'm not alone. :help:

Once again, I'm sorry that this post is so long. I've been told before that my posts are a little lengthy for forums, but I just want to get everything I want to get across in one post. I write these like I would write an e-mail, so if it helps, since I'm planning to be a long term member, treat it as you would treat an e-mail. Remember, I'm trying to become a writer, so I need all the practice I can get.

If you read through all this, thank you for that and please leave a response. If you have a question, such as anything you'd like to know more about me, please post it or send me a private message. It makes me feel better about myself knowing people are there to communicate with me outside of my family and therapist.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 05:17 PM ----------

Only just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. I apologize, I must've missed the Welcome Lounge forum the first time over. I'm always making these kinds of mistakes.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, welcome to EC!
    Nice Piplup picture :slight_smile:
    I personally like reading long welcome posts, because they're rather uncommon and very interesting. The one I wrote myself was around two sentences, as I was rather shy at the time.
    I've only been on EC, three months? I think. Yeah...I'll find out after I post. I haven't seen anyone who is OS on here yet, except for you. I do find it rather intriguing though.
    I don't know if I'd be considered Object Sexual, but I do deeply love one of my figurines. It's KAITO, which is a Vocaloid, if you're familiar with that. I love him, take him almost everywhere with me, and talk to him. I love him in a brotherly way. One day, we were watching a movie together and he broke his arm off. I cried a LOT. I also got a new one, but I have such a deep attachment to the old one, he's the original. His birthday is on the same day I got in a relationship with my girlfriend at the time, and I asked him for advice and he calmed me down. I still love him very much and call him my older brother :slight_smile:
    I just realized I said a bunch of random things about myself, hehe...
    Anyway, this place is lovely and I'm sure you'll meet more people here :slight_smile:
    By the way, private messages only are available as a full member, and you need at least ten posts to make a wall message.

Welcome :slight_smile:

3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

loveislove01

Thanks for replying, I thought my post would've gone unnoticed. :icon_bigg

You're not only the first person besides the person who runs the official account to greet me on the site, you are the closest I've come to meeting another OS. It's rather unfortunate there aren't very many of us out there, so it's hard to relate to a lot of people. In ways, it's caused me to be rather introverted, even with people I trust, like my parents. :icon_sad:

Thank you for the extra info, I'll take it to heart. I still really hope to find other OS's here, because I couldn't find an official forum for us, we're so obscure. :icon_sad:

I hope both of us are successful here and offline. Once again, thank you for being the first to respond to one of my posts. :smilewave

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem :slight_smile:
    I love replying to the lengthier welcome posts because they're always fun to read, and I already know a bit about the person
    Yeah, I have never told anybody about that (my girlfriend knows but not to a big extent) so it's rather embarrassing to admit. I'm rather introverted myself, except online and to a few close friends and tend to shy away from getting close to people. I'd probably trust my girlfriend the most (she's my best friend as well) because I can't tell my parents things about me like my sexuality, going through depression, a little social anxiety.
    You too :slight_smile:
    Mind if I friend request you?

5. Psaurus918

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. lovely lesbian

9. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Sure, go right ahead! I really like that I've already found someone nice to talk to here! :icon_bigg

I had a much tougher time finding someone nice on a certain other forum *cough* (EDF) *cough* (don't go there) *cough* and even then she happened to be the kind to unwittingly take our entire PM session and post it on a public thread. :confused:

Glad I can know that won't happen here since I can't even PM (yet). :eusa_danc

10. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww, that's pretty terrible.
    Here, until you're a full member, you can post messages on your friends walls, and it's been fine communicating, nobody's really interfered with someone else's conversation and stuff like that.

That's terrible! I'd never do that, and mostly everyone is so nice here, they wouldn't either.

11. Violette

Hi, welcome!!