1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A wild transmasculine boy appears!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BurningCole, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BurningCole

Hello, EC, I'm BurningCole and I just joined about... 10 minutes ago. I decided to get comfortable with this site by posting a quick thread because I have no idea where to startbecause I'd like to introduce myself!

For as long as I can remember, I've felt way more like a guy than like a girl. I never said anything about it, though, because I had no idea that transitioning was a real thing, nor was I aware of the fact that gender isn't just the male-female binary I was raised with. I was fine with girl stuff, I didn't loathe pink or anything (I still don't, why would I?) and I was obsessed with Dora, so why bother complaining, right? Sure, I didn't want to be a woman, I was sad I wouldn't grow a beard, and I was terrified of growing breasts, but that didn't matter when I was just a little kid. Now that I'm starting puberty, however...

...Well, the mental/physical results haven't been pleasant, exactly.

Thankfully, I have full support from my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and brother, so I'm getting the help I need to transition both socially and physically. I go to therapy once a week, (besides this one, because I'm on vacation) but I decided I needed a little more to help myself cope with everything; cue this website.

I'm out to 90% of my family, but not a single one of my friends knows about this yet. I'm terrified to tell them, but I'm ready as I'll ever be- I know it won't get better if I just wait another year, anyways, so why not. I'm tired of waiting, my friends are all open-minded and awesome, and my school is LGBTQ+ supportive. I'm extremely lucky!

Anyways, that's about it. My transition journey has just begun, and things are looking up. Thanks for reading, I hope you're all having good days!

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! You seem like a cool person! ^.^

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: