1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those who never really cared

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KaySee, Aug 16, 2015.

1. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can admit that, growing up, I was pretty sheltered. All in all, it was an open, though not encouraging, environment for someone to come out of the closet.
    I never really cared about my sexual orientation (and later, romantic orientation). What I did not like was what other people thought or said. I was never embarrassed or in denial of myself, but that did not mean I was okay with all the negatives applied to me because I could not identify myself as a perfect straight person.
    In the end, I had no great struggle or realization. I questioned, accepted, then moved on.
    People always talk about the struggles they had, but is it normal to just not care about whether or not I am straight?

2. levi2000

You are completely normal! I'm glad you accepted yourself so readily. It's okay to have "no great struggle or realization".

3. lovely lesbian

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. MetalRice

Welcome to EC!

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Hello and welcome to EC.

Don't worry. you aren't alone in the slightest. Everyone here has suffered similar if not the same thing. You did the right thing when you came to this site. Back when I first started out here almost a moth ago, I felt wrong about myself, too. Ever since, even though I've never found someone who has the exact same sexuality as me here on the site, even I have been able to feel as if I can be accepted for who I am, even though I'm drastically different sexuality wise from literally everyone else. If you can believe something like that to work out for someone like me, imagine what it'll be like for you! I guarantee it'll work out better for you than it did even for me. :icon_bigg