1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introductory soliloquy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by hyperInactive, Aug 23, 2015.

1. hyperInactive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Greetings! I'm hyperInactive, a 16-year-old quasi-intellectual amateur experimental/minimalist/whatever-style-I'm-currently-into hobby-composer with a propensity for getting caught in existential crises. Aside from composing I'm an avid gamer, enjoy classical literature, and have partial fluency in German.

I realized that I'm gay around age 10 or 11, but didn't really link the feelings to the word until I was 14. Nowadays I'm perfectly comfortable with coming out to others... except certain pockets of my family. Nothing against them, but their conservatism scares me to death sometimes... And even to this day my sexuality likes to shift about in small amounts...

I came out to my parents (both not as conservative), but they genuinely don't believe me; I really don't care though. It's not like they said that homosexuality is a sin and that I'm gonna be forever cursed; they just think I'm going though some kind of phase and that by the time I get through high school I'll have my bearings straight. (Pun intended, sorry.) And it's also hard for them to believe it due to that fact I've never been in a relationship (not for lack of trying; either I'm the only gay male in my school or I'm the only gay male in freaky-high-level classes). Their cold pragmatism keeps my warm feely side in check and keeps me from running into fires.

I found this site on a different site, and decided it would be a good idea to join. And I'm noticing now that this is significantly longer than any other introduction on the page, and will thus end it here...

#1 hyperInactive, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Sky82

Hi hyperInactive and welcome to EC, hope you have fun here, we are a nice bunch :slight_smile:

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to meet you!
    I honestly admire your long introduction, I felt so awkward when I first joined and couldn't think of more than a single line.
    I love composing as well; you meant music, correct?
    Welcome to EC, hope to see you around in the forums!

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome to EC! Soliloquies are a nice way to start off any forum!