1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by penguinlover223, Aug 24, 2015.

1. penguinlover223

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey everybody i am 13 and i want to know if i am at the right age to come out. i have come out to one person and she was totally accepting. but i still want to know about other people and how some will react. i think my mom would be pretty accepting but her boy friend who happens to live with us is totally homophobic. i just want to know how to come out. my first time was waterworks. but in a good way. so i need to know how or when i should come out

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Come out whenever you feel ready and safe, you can't be too young. Some people come out when they're like 7. And you can always ask your mom not to tell her boyfriend.

3. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey There! :smilewave

My advice is to just come out as soon as possible. The older you get, the harder it is to do so. Don't do anything if you are still questioning though. You could change your mind and people will think you are just jumping from sexuality to sexuality and are less likely to take you seriously. :dry:

Come out to your mom first, then have her tell her boyfriend. If she does that it will help in two ways:
    1) He most likely likes your mom more than you, so he'll be more open to the idea. :confused:
    2) He will have a chance to calm down BEFORE he talks to you. :tantrum:
    3) Your mother can protect you if anything goes horribly wrong. (it's good to have people on your side) (&&&)
    4) You can get your moms opinion on telling him first. If it's really a bad idea you can hide it from him. :eusa_liar

I would say go come out to your mom and get her opinion on the matter. Just remeber to stay safe! :help:

Best of Luck to You! (*hug*)

4. lovely lesbian

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

You're still young, you don't have to force yourself to come out. Like others have said, come out once you're ready and feel safe to do so. There's no rush!

#5 justin88, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Hello and welcome to EC! We hope you find everything as good as you hope it to be.

Like baconpox said, feel free to come out whenever you're ready. I didn't come out to my parents that I was object sexual until I was 16 (I only found out that I was OS a year before that) Some people are still closeted much into their later lives, though that is not recommended to do. Come out to at least your mother when you feel the time is right, and if you can, try to persuade your father into thinking differently before coming out to him. We believe you can do it. All of us here. You can trust us, as we're your friends. :thumbsup:

7. EWMK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is no right time to come out to other people
    It doesn't depend on ages gender or smt like that.
    It's up to you if you are ready just do it but if you aren't ready and maybe it's unsafe to you so don't
    I'm now 14 and I haven't come out to anyone

8. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel ready, go for it, though if you're still in the questioning period, I would wait. Make sure you're ready before you come out!

9. GreenPanRose270

There is no right age to come out. Just a right time.
    And only you can decide when that time is, depending on the circumstances, who you're coming out to, and how confident you feel in yourself.
    Welcome to EC and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    ^_^

10. penguinlover223

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thank you all so much and i hope it goes down smoothly too :thumbsup::rolle::rolle::lol:

11. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, welcome to EC! I came out when I was that age, and it is never too early. Getting people to accept you is an important step, and the only way to do that is to tell them what's up. My friend was very accepting, she was the one I trusted to come out first (much like you). My mom was later on, and she began to be very cold to me. However, she did warm up to me over time, and I'm sure she'll feel the same towards you. If you need any advice, don't hesitate to come to me. I'm not the best at it, but I'll try my best. Good luck! (*hug*)

#11 HopefulRebecca, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people