1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new. I am a lesbian married to a man! HELP

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by wildflowerokie, Aug 25, 2015.

1. wildflowerokie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :icon_sad:
    Hey all, I am a lesbian, and I came out to myself about 2 years ago officially, but have always "known" deep down that I am drawn to females only in a romantic and sexual way. I married a man, sort of hoping it would get "fixed" but it's not. It's making me sad. I feel guilty, and helpless because my feelings aren't changing, and I feel like I ruined my husbands life because of fear. I wish i could fully love him and be attracted to him, but nothing is changing :/. Any advice would be great. I have been married 4 years and I'm only 25. I have no kids. I feel lonely.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way you can really go through with it is to tell him. Communication is always good in any situation, unless you think he'll put you in danger in which case it's time to get out of that relationship.

3. ChickenWhistle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC!

Yeah, you need to communicate with your husband. If you feel you are only attracted to women then you need to tell him that. It will suck and there will be pain and hurt, but you need to be who you are and allow him to be who he is.

EC is a good place to help you, everyone is very friendly. But first you need to make some decisions.

4. wildflowerokie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My husband knows actually, he is confused and hurt, but also trying his best to be supportive.
    He wants so badly to make things work, but I am afraid I will never be able to be adequate for him since I am not attracted to him that way. He has kind of given me an ultimatum to figure out what I want to do ASAP but I don't know what to do. I don't know if its possible to make it work and also e emotionally healthy.

5. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, welcome to EC! It might very well not be a good relationship if you continue, I think you should talk it out with him to make sure that he knows it isn't his fault.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It certainly does not sound healthy to force something that is not a possibility for you.