1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I'm Mateo I'm trans and terrified

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mateo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Mateo

Hi everyone my name is Mateo I am a pre-transition FTM trans-guy. I'v known I wasn't meant to be a girl since elementary school.

I am in no way out as trans however some old friends I don't really talk to anymore and my brothers believe i'm lesbian and their okay with that and i'm confidant my brothers would be okay with me being trans as they know me better then anyone and have know iv always been "different". I told my mom once that I was lesbian but I don't think it really sunk in.

Coming out to my parents is my biggest fear. Through out my years growing up they have given mixed messages on there tolerance levels of the LGBTQ community.
    But my deepest concern though is that out my three sibling (two + me from my dad one not) I am the only "female" which is something both of my parents, my mom more so, cherish.

Iv heard the phrases like "your my only daughter", "your my one and only baby girl", etc far too often in my life so by biggest fear is not that I will be rejected but that I will hurt my parents by no longer being their "baby girl".

Rejection I can take but hurting the people I love is something I'm not sure I can do.:confused:

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, Mateo. I'm very glad you've found a place here on EC.

I can relate to much of what you've mentioned, and would like to extend my hand to you should you ever need help. Feel free to message me any time.

You're a strong guy, and while being transgender is not easy I believe it will make you (and all of us) better for it.

Cheers.
    -Alec-

3. Mateo

:slight_smile: Thanks Ender for your kindness.

4. sharkweek

Hey Mateo! My name is Kaleb. I am 18 years old and pre-T as well.

I would love to be friends! - I've found it quite difficult to meet other ftms in similar positions to mine, most that I have met would be much older than me and already transitioned - all online considering I don't have any trans friends in person.

I'm out to my close friends, who are accepting and have even helped me buy a binder behind my parents' back and so forth.

I am also out to my parents, who completely ignored my feelings and just about pretend the conversation never happened unless they are upset with me.

I'm not used to forum websites, so I apologize if this message is too long. But if you need someone to talk to, I will gladly listen.

5. Mateo

Hi Kaleb it's really nice to meet you I would love to be friends however, I am a bit older then you but I do tend to identify with younger people more.

And I hear you about not having any trans friend I really don't have many friends at all. I'm glad for you that your friends helped you get a binder. I'm reluctant to get one yet because I live with my mom to help her out with my baby brother and she and our roommate tend to be very nosy and would ask questions i'm not ready to answer if I get any packages,

I'm truly sorry your parents didn't respond well. I wish there was more I could tell you on this but unfortunately I can't

Keep your head up, you matter. and your post is no longer then mine so your fine by me.

6. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can hopefully help you with coming out, I've had to do it many times myself. Leave a message on my wall if you have any major problems, but you'll probably do fine. :slight_smile:

7. Mateo

Thanks I really appreciate the offer and will probably take you up on it some time in the "hopefully" near future but not just yet. My life is already a little to topsy-turvy and stressful right now without the burdens of coming out and its potential repercussions.

8. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Feel free, I'd be happy to help. And I totally understand that feeling. Mine was kind of a forced coming out, which only added to the stress. Hopefully you can do it in a calmer and less hectic environment, it's always better that way. And my grandparents would constantly talk about how I'm "their favorite grandson", and how I'll "grow up to get all the ladies", so I understand how much that hurts. :tantrum:

9. Sky82

Hiya and welcome to the EC family, I hope you find the answers you are looking for and some good friends. I'm positive you will :slight_smile:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. lovely lesbian

12. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay