1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helloooo, my name is Kasumiii

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kasumiii, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Kasumiii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Soooo, I'm new here (obviously, lol) and I think it's nice to let people know I exist and stuff lol. Well, let's start with my story. I was born in Brooklyn, New York. Since I was a little kid, I've gradually come to realize that I wasn't male. Though I tend have tastes for "boyish" (whatever that means) things. Rock and metal music, fighting games, tokusatsu, etc, etc. But I digress. Erm, growing up, I had a friend named Marcus (who I can actually say was my first male crush) and we used to love watching Power Rangers and Digimon an things of the sort, but I never felt like I had that "2 guys" kinda bond with him. We were great friends, though. That was the first red flag. Then it was the fact I never comprehended why I couldn't do girly things, or even, at one point, bathe with my female cousin. And I don't think it was as simple as "looking down" either. I actually felt like we shouldn't have been segregated (a brief memory of that event still haunts till present day, truthfully). That was the 2nd red flag.

Now let's fast-forward 10 years. I'm now 15. I started noticing my bisexual attraction and eventually come out to my mother as bi. My mother was completely accepting of it. I was surprised because she was a die-hard Christian. But it was only after that that I came to realize how loosely she follows the bible. Her theism is the thing that she stands by, not the religion. But, as implied, I didn't know that then. After those brief, brief months in which I was... actually content for the first time in a long time, my mom got sick and had to go to the hospital. Little did I know this would last for months. Because I couldn't stay with her all that time, I had to go live with my dad and his conservative Christian mother. Strict, old school, went to church more than once a week. Oh boy, fun times.

During that time, though, I started retreating in to my old little world. And while there... I revisited parts of myself. Parts I've kept hidden. It was then that I started identifying as genderqueer, but not openly (for aforementioned reasons). And one day I decided to call my mom and talk to her about it. My mom's feelings about were, and still are, complicated. Though she doesn't refer to me with female pronouns. When I finally returned home, though, it was time to start packing because we were moving to North Carolina. Fast forward a few months and now I'm here. Well, sorry if I just replaced your daily newspaper, haha. But yeah. That's me. I hope to get along with everyone here and make lots of friends. Byyyeeee~

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Welcome to EC, Kasumiii. :beer:

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay