1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Forums!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by deelite, Aug 27, 2015.

1. deelite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there, my name is Dee and as you can tell, I am new to this site. A bit about me is that I'm currently in a very bumpy marriage. I have no children, but two cats that are considered my "fur children". I'm a writer whose going to school to do something medical related -- but I'm still deciding what I'm wanting to do as a career.

And also, I've been questioning my sexuality a lot lately. I've been questioning myself a lot for about three - four months now. Since puberty, I felt something was different about me. But I didn't know what was the cause of me being different. Since puberty, and to this day, I've had no sexual feelings. And yet, with such a "problem" I ended up getting married to my first boyfriend -- which as resulted in our marriage being so badly. When I first started questioning myself, I thought maybe I was bi-sexual. But the more I try and figure out who I am, the more I ask myself if I even like men at all. I've always had lots of guy friends, I always go along with men.. But I never felt sexually attracted to men. And since puberty, I believe I've had more female crushes than male crushes up until this day. But what makes my questioning very tough is that I'm not really sexually attracted to women.. But when I think of who'd I want to spend the rest of my life with (with a man or woman), I've always imagined myself spending the rest of my life with a woman.

So yeah, that's my little back story. I apologize if it bored you to death. But if you've read this far, then thank you for taking the time to read a bit about me. I hope these forums can help me find an answer to my questioning, and hopefully I can make some friends along the way. Thank you.

2. TheClosetsTight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there!

It's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to the forums! *throws confetti*

I'm sorry your marriage hasn't been a good one, but it's fantastic that you're discovering who you are! I'm new to the site myself, and everybody here seems pretty great :slight_smile:. Very supportive of one another, it's nice. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your search for happiness and self discovery.

Hope our paths cross again!
    Kay

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hello and welcome. Great to have you here.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Dee and thanks for the intro. It's great to have you on board and I hope you will stick around to seek/offer support and just generally connect with like minded people.

I don't know if you've had a good look around yet, but if you haven't please take the time to do so and be sure to read this: Empty Closets - Code of Conduct

Thanks for joining. :slight_smile:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Perseus

Hello Dee :slight_smile: Welcome to EC! Never worry about venting your problemss... there are always people willing to listen!

9. Thelyingleo

Hello Dee and welcome to EC! This place is amazing, mostly because of the amazing people that are here to help everyone with support and a listening ear. When I first joined, I spent some time scrolling through subjects and reading through posts which in my case, helped a great bit! I still had a million questions though hahaha! Anyway, I hope that you'll find this place as supportive and amazing as I did, if you ever need to chat feel free to shoot me a message :slight_smile: