1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ghostpeppers, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ghostpeppers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there. I'm 'Ghostpeppers'.

I'm a transmale, 21 years old. I heard about this site via a youtube video and it seemed like I should check it out.

I'll keep my story short: I discovered I was trans before I even knew the word. I was around 10 years old, thinking "I wish I was a boy". It wasn't because I was jealous of boys or anything. I just didn't feel quite right as a chick and a lot of my hobbies (including the ones today) are considered "manly". My final push towards transgender was cutting my hair shorter. I felt liberated and when people called me "Sir" or "him", I didn't correct them because of how right it felt.

That being said, I haven't told my parents or other family because of fear. They're all pretty black-and-white in their views, especially when it comes to any queer topic. I have drastically different views from a lot of them but keep them quiet until I feel crushed.

I also live in a southern state, South Carolina, which is less than hospitable to anything that is different. If I met some people from my state, I'd love for a chance to talk to them about what they've gone through, even if they aren't trans.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there ghostpeppers, welcome to the site. If you ever need to talk, feel free to post on my wall. :wave:

-Jason

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people