1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new here, hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LordHeadbanger, Sep 23, 2015.

1. LordHeadbanger

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My name is Derek. I'm an artistic type, particularly in directing, drawing, animating, editing, writing, and guitar playing. I hope to create many works of wonderful, entertaining and, hopefully, fulfilling art. I like many types of heavy metal, techno, classical, I'm starting to get into Japanese pop, I love anime, kaiju and horror/sci-fi/fantasy.

Then, there's my sexuality, which for the longest time thinking I was straight, only in the last year have I discovered that there's a high probability that I'm actually bisexual. Along with that comes a lot of questions and dilemmas, which I will have to make a whole separate thread for because it's too lengthy to get into here. But in the meantime, I'm glad I've found what seems to be a good, safe space for me to find the answers I seek, and to find like-minded people to have important conversations with, not to mention fun ones.

2. DeanEverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Heyo Derek!

Welcome to Empty Closets.
    You must know, a lot of us are going through the same business as you. Feel free to talk about whatever you need to talk about, someone'll be able to help.

What kind of guitar do you play?

-Dean

3. LordHeadbanger

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! It's good to know I'm not alone, definitely. Hmmm, would it be alright if I just briefly mentioned some of it here? Wasn't sure if I was supposed to save it for another part of the forum instead of this one.

I play electric guitar, 6 years experience. I'm in a metal band actually.

4. Sky82

Hiya and welcome to the EC family :slight_smile: everyone here is so supportive and friendly. It's best to put whatever you're wanting to discuss under in right forum area, you will get more responses that way. Or if you feel comfortable with someone there is always their wall for more of a one to one chat :slight_smile: hope you enjoy it here.

5. DeanEverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ofcourse, it's not really the correct place, but I don't think anyone would mind.

Haha, cool keep at it. Do you have any music online? I've been playing for about 8/9 years and used to play in a Death metal band, but I outgrew the scene. Now I play whatever.

6. LordHeadbanger

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do, but my band is getting there. We should be recording our first album soon. And cool! :slight_smile:

Well, for a quick, but important question I have, is whether I'm bi or not, based on the fact that I'm attracted to girls, mtf pre-op/non-op trans and effeminate/androgynous men. A good friend of mine said that it does, which was about a year ago. The way I think of it is "I'm attracted to the female gender, but not exclusively the female sex".

7. IrishJ

Welcome Derek, good stuff here. Post and they will reply. Be well.

8. Lunarchy

Hiyo! Nice to meet you ^)^ You really remind me of someone I know, same taste in music, same taste in anime, and everything! He even uses the same elfen lied picture ^)^ Anyway, really nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around!

9. Biker boy

Sup glad you made it people here are great to talk with..let lose

10. DeanEverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm going to cut out a bunch of the details,
    What you are saying is, I am attracted to both grills nd guys.
    What is important is that your sexuality develops as you develope, don't think of it as something set in stone.
    I understand this is a confusing time, if you seek clarity you should try this little thing I got from Filip, one of the EC Advisors.
    It is an imaginative experiment. Going through your daily stuff, and you notice someone you are interested in: Pretend to approach and talk to this person, in your head, this person (for the sake of the experiment) answers positively to everything you ask. Ask 'm for a date, lunch, movies, chilling at home or whatever you'd like to do with that person.
    See where your imagination takes you. - It can be steaming hot sensual sex if you like, but it's not necessary.

A good reference point for this experiment is to see in how much detail you can picture the date. A lot of detail shows interest. :slight_smile:

Ah cool, be sure to send me a link when you're ready.

11. LordHeadbanger

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, really!? lol Sounds like we'd have a lot to talk about. And yes, nice to meet you, too! You will definitely be seeing me around.

And Dean, thanks for the advice! I will try it, and I'll make a separate thread that'll go more in depth later.

#11 LordHeadbanger, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people