1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MemphisMeli, Sep 28, 2015.

1. MemphisMeli

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, obviously I'm new here... Hi and stuff. I'm Meli and I am the lucky person who at 42 has finally found the courage to explore what it means to be true to myself.

In elementary school I remember wishing I was a boy so I could be my best friends boyfriend. In high school all my friends were lgbt, yet I was vehemently opposed to even the concept that I could potentially be anything other than straight. You see, I was born to a homophobic preacher (literally... he was a preacher). I spent my life trying to do everything I could to please him and my mother, then joined the pre-DADT Army, spent far too much time being a soldier and trying to be a good little wife. I have spent the better part of four decades clinging to some persona who isn't really me. I'm a 42 year old mother of 6 who still can't come out of the closet to my parents (who luckily live 10 hours away), but thats ok. Luckily I have a husband who is open to polyamory. So, here I am... a grown woman, veteran, mother, wife... acknowledging that there is a closet door and that I am standing on the wrong side of it. I am not entirely sure what I will find on the other side of it, but I am finally willing to open it and find out.

So... all that to say.... Hi, I'm Meli. I am a polyamorous i-dont-know-sexual. :smilewave

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2015 at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm really not snarky... I promise. Just in an odd mood tonight lol

2. melissakok

Hi Meli im so glad you're heŕe. I understand im 35 and can finally see all the puzzle pieces coming together now and finding out who my true self is and that ive been majorly people pleasing my whole life. Its amazing. But I guess I wasn't ready then. Im so grateful that we are now. Please let me know if I can be of help to you. (*hug*) Melissa aka Mel aka Bobbi :slight_smile:

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! This is a good place to work through some of your thoughts and feelings. It doesn't matter that you are uncertain about things or unsure what to do next -- the important thing is that you have come this far and you are taking those very tentative steps towards finding out. I hope some of us can help. :slight_smile:

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

6. MemphisMeli

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone!