1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Franga, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Franga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everyone, I'm a Spanish guy so if I have a bad English don't even hesitate to correct me :slight_smile:

I'm 18, and two years ago I realized I like men. The first person who knew about it was a female friend who guessed it (at first I couldn't say a word about my sexuality). Then another 2 female friends (one of them later told me that she was lesbian and has helped me a lot). One year ago I came out to my BFF (a girl too), and this week I came out to a male and a female friend. They've been so supportive with my sexual orientation (I couldn't even expect that).

The problem starts now, all my close friends knows about it, but no one in my family knows. My mum sometimes tells me don't get a girlfriend yet, you're at college... (I won't never get a girlfriend), my dad doesn't say anything about LGBT, and I forgot to mention I have a twin brother who I'm living with while studying. I think they won't care about my sexual orientation but my other family, like one of my aunts said once. "Deberían matarlos a todos" which would be something like "they should all be killed" (referring to gay people) and even one cousin told some homophobic comments which made me feel really bad.

Well, I'm here to meet people like me, get advices and if I can, advice other people. :icon_bigg

2. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: your English is great, don't worry about it!

EC is a wonderful site, everyone's friendly and helpful here so you'll fit right in. Sorry to hear that some of your family are homophobic but don't let that bother you! Seems like your parents and brother might be accepting so stay positive! :slight_smile:

3. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there!
    I'm new to EC too.

A couple years ago, I started off to college. I was an introvert and I had already divined that there was no one amazing enough to befriend. So I would just sit alone and would try my best to avoid other students.
    One day I was sitting alone as usual, cradling Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. And there was this handsome guy walking through the door, I dont know why but I felt flushed. He was walking towards me and he sat next to me. The next 80 minutes I just sat with my heart beating fast. I didnt understand what was happening. Later I would know that I have a cruah. In the next few months, both of us would get to know each other very well. We are quite smart, we loved programming and shared the same social weirdness. As months passed by, I would fall in love with him. I did not consider myself straight cause I was never sexually attracted to women as such. I was fortunate to have a best friend who totally accepted me and since then I came out to six of my friends.
    Now I wish our stars were'nt so terribly crossed. He and I love coding and he got me to promise that we both would develop apps together later and maybe start a software company. (Off topic but currently developing apps for the smartwatch Pebble). I have confessed my love to him. Initially he was shocked but when I asked him if he's okay he said yes! That summer our friendship would deepen, while chatting I would say tht I love him and he wiuld say that I was embaressing him. Its been a year and a half since I confessed that I love him, but now I wish we never met. I mean I cant just stay friends with him and pretend that I dont have any feelings with him. That could only be possible if he would falk for me or at least I move on, but since both the options are seemingly impossible I stuck.
    I have great friends and I dont feel lonely, but relationship wise I wish I could meet someone gay, someone whi knew how it feels and all. I makes me miserable. I feel very desperate sometimes.
    what to do?

4. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello & welcome :smilewave hope you like it here~

5. Franga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's good to meet you all!

Mychemromance I haven't felt that but my lesbian friend (MC) is in love with one of my straight friends (S), but she's not gay so when S said no, MC felt so bad. She kept on telling S she loves her but she's straight and although it's been three years since the first time MC told S, she's telling her yet. The problem is that S has a boyfriend now and when MC realized it, she got very angry with him...

And another friend, the boyfriend of the first person who knew about my sexuality asked me for advicing him. He thinks he's depressed because of a lot of terrible things that have come all together like his father's death and because he has broken up with his girlfriend. He is the kindest and the sweetest person I've ever met so I can't watch him suffer (he even thought in suicide). She didn't deserved him. I tell you this because it may be difficult, but you can get through it. I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who will make you feel like that guy. Don't be sad.

6. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC. Hope you enjoy it hear! I got brilliant help from the members here and I think you should get the same level of help also!

7. lovely lesbian

8. tourettesqueen

Hello and welcome to EC!

9. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmmm.....
    Thanks, Franga

10. MyMoribundMask

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello.
    And Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome Franga! It's great you have told your close friends and they support you! It seems like many LGBT people (including me) make friends with people who will be tolerant and supportive. You don't have to tell your family all at once. You might start with your twin brother since you two are so close.

13. ScatteredEarth

Welcome to EC! Don't worry about your English too much, apart from some minor errors, you're nearly perfectly fluent, but that's coming from a bit of a grammar nazi, so take it in stride :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I sincerely hope that your coming out is as painless and pleasant as possible :slight_smile: