1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I'm secrets.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Secrets5, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I'm agender, monosexual-panplatonic. I'll explain that if you want.

I hate it when people say ''everyone has a gender'' because that's not true, I don't. Unless you want to count agender as a gender.

Anyway, quick question, how do you sign up to websites that make you put 'male' or 'female' ... I try to avoid them, but if it's a compulsory one?

Thank-you.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: I've always been ignorant about Agender. For you, what is the difference between agender and gender-fluid, or gender neutral?

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile: Please do explain; I've never heard of "monosexual-panplatonic" before.

You're right, it's not true. We've got a number of agender people around here, so you're not the only one.

Honestly, I'm not sure what you'd do about that. I'd just flip a coin and whatever it lands on, go with that. I don't know. [​IMG]

4. DinelodiiGitli

Welcome to EC. I would like to know what monosexual means (I know what pan platonic means but I've yet to hear of monosexual). :slight_smile:

I guess agender is technically a gender since a lack of something is still something. But I understand your point.

A lot of sites have the option of making the male or female label not visible. So you could sign up as either and just not make it visible.

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Monosexual =

1. All the other sexuality specify the amount of groups those people date bi/poly/pan but I find it unusual that hetero/homo/exo/object etc. is the only one that is split up.

2. Some people define sexuality by gender, others by sex, others by passport. I don't want to confuse people by hetero/homo which one I am so I just say 'Mono'.

2a. Also, if I said this then it is easy access into telling people I'm agender.

Pan = All people

Platonic = Caring for the person and supporting them without the biological sexual attraction [primary or secondary] or the want to be intimate with them. A platonic relationship may turn into an intimate one should the people want that, and might have sexual action for specified reasons e.g. for me that would be to have children.

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

Hello,

Agender = You do not feel male or female. You can't understand the feeling of gender, even though you accept others do and no matter how hard you try to understand it you just can't.

Gender neutral = I don't know and I wouldn't want to get it wrong.

Gender-fluid = Sometimes you feel male and sometimes you feel female. [Although I'm not gender-fluid so people who are gender-fluid might have more to add].

6. PerfectLie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, Secrets! Welcome! :slight_smile:

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. elle99

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey :slight_smile:
    I dont want to cause offence or anything, but I seriously think that the easiest thing to do would be to look down your pants, and whatever bit you have down there, just use the gender that it's associated with. It doesn't define you or the way you feel. It's just an easy way to decide which button to click. I can't say that I understand the conflict that you have, but I do sympathise, and I think that the simplest way to get around it is basic biology. It doesn't mean you are a particular gender. It's just a way to give an easy answer to people who really shouldn't give a s*** one way or the other.
    Unless you're intersex. In which case do whatever you want and f*** anyone who says differently.

10. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found a word called Gynphillic - it basically means that you find women attractive regardless of what your own gender is. Androphillic is males.

I get what you're saying, but then if I tell other people that I'm homosexual then they'll assume I'm a woman ... which I don't want that. I mean, I wouldn't want to upset a woman who only likes other woman and go out with her knowing I'm not one.

#10 Secrets5, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015