1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good morning!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by fenestra, Nov 4, 2015.

1. fenestra

Hello! It's been ages since I've been on a forum. Are they generally the same? Where we are united by a commonality but still segregate into groups of the young and the old? Well, you whippersnappers, I'm one of the oldies (okay, fair enough, middle-aged; i.e. one of the insufferable questioners.)

My sexuality has morphed throughout the years and is ever-changing, fluid (so, pretty much, I'm fairly normal). For this very second, I'd say I'm bi-amorous and heterosexual in practice, bi-sexual in desire but, to be honest, not all that sexual as I'm coming off a very short and very harsh sexual peak. I'm 'out' to my sisters and a handful of friends but try not to bring it up until it's relevant. So far, no one seems surprised though I often wonder if I'm ever even taken seriously. Oh, well, I really don't care too much. It's just a small facet of who I am as a person (for now, anyway.)

I feel a little strange infiltrating the 'community' as I've never had to suffer through the social stigma of having a same-sex relationship (but have suffered greatly desiring straight female friends and one not-straight, not-available coworker). But you seem like a welcoming bunch so I'm not worried. I'm looking more to give support (if I'm able) and bask in a little love to keep my faith in humankind kindled. (&&&)

Anyhoo.... hi.

2. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya!! I think you are one of the most well written people I've seen in a few weeks! I love it! My names Jess, I'm Bi & F2M. Though, if I were interested in delving deeper ino my sexuality, I'm sure we could add a few more words ^^.

I don't really consider middle aged to be an "oldie" but I'm sure you're fine regardless! Also, I don't think suffering through all of the bad is necessary to support others, though it may help.

I consider myself basically an endless supply of love and
    Caffeine so feel free to bask away and good luck!!

3. fenestra

Morning, Jess! Yes, please, share more if you'd like. I love to read about others' sexual/spiritual/etc journeys. It makes me feel so much more connected to others, to the universe and to the process of being a fallible, squishy, feeling human.

4. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wooh!! Fallible squishieness!

Well I didn't have much trouble with the whole sexuality/gender thing until highschool. I was content to just chill in my "everyone's different so why should I share my differences" bubble. Until I fell in love with a jerk and things got out of hand... -sigh-

Regardless! Highschool sucked, but college is/was better! Now no one of importance really cares and those that do can stick it where the sun don't shine <3

Good sharing? Bad sharing? Rate this emotional squishiness here! xD

Sorry, just finished the first coffee of the day, lol.

5. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey girl! I just joined too! We live in the same state also, that is so rad!
    My name is Ray, I'm a bisexual, cis female. I pretty much knew I was different since kindergarten, never realized I was bisexual until the end of high school. Now I'm just trying to figure out my life and meet people like me. :slight_smile: I'm not out to anyone yet, I want to be on my own before I do that though.

6. fenestra

You're in college? I find it so refreshing to talk to the college crowd, they seem so much more forgiving. I suppose that's the great thing about being young: you're in a lot of ways far more evolved than the older set. The older ones are evolved in that they've been around for longer; the young ones, just through the simple fact of being born later. They can navigate the world a little more comfortably.

I recently came out to my 18 year old niece, whom I am going to be spending a lot of time with. She goes to a Christian college so I braced for it. But, to my amazement, she said, 'OMG, that's so cool! My friend is pansexual!' It's nice knowing it's more accepted now.

I have a few more miles on me. 36, twice divorced (from men), lots of former boyfriends (all of which are still my closest friends.) I was always attracted to women but I had way too many mother issues (as well as father ones) and I had an eating disorder so my self-image was very skewed. I came out to myself about 6 years ago when I was just entering my sexual peak (but didn't do anything about it because, let's face it, straight men are far more abundant and I was impatient.) As I repaired my health and became more comfortable in my own skin, I discovered how much I craved the company of women as much as men. Unfortunately, the only friends that have time for me are straight, single males. It's flattering but so frustrating. I'm incredibly estrogen-starved.

But the good news is that I've never been happier in my own skin. I'm healthy but still have so much to learn and grow. This is a good place to be to witness others' growth.

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2015 at 09:57 AM ----------

All in good time! Hopefully, when you come out, it will be a positive experience. :slight_smile:

#6 fenestra, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  7. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay!!! I'll be honest, That made me tear up a bit. An there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a lot of experience. It just means all of us "big grand idea" college kids can talk to someone who's been there!

And I'm so happy you feel more comfortable in your skin! When I was finishing up highschool I got so stressed about what I was going to do when I got to college. Part of me wanted to go back into my bubble, but the other part of me wanted to just take the jump. Now I'm so glad that I just came out about it, but for a year or so there my weight was horrible. I'd gain weight hand over fist for 3 weeks, get a most unwanted vist from Aunt Flo, and my weight would plummet. My mom even took me to the doctor. It's was horrible.

I think I broke three scales in fits of rage that year... -.-; but alls better now haha. And I'm sooo happy that you got/are getting better!!! Nothing is more wonderful than waking up one morning and not flinching when you look in the mirror.

As for estrogen deprivation, I'm afraid I can't quite understand, since I am blessed to have a wonderful friend base at school, but I hope you find some gal pals!!

Technically my body still produces estrogen if that helps! I'll summon every ounce of femininity I have when ever we talk (nails, hair, undergarments, the whole shabang), sound good? XD

8. fenestra

Haha!! Well, I have many more places yet to visit before I can say I've 'been there.' I can't begin to imagine how difficult your journey is/has been (I'm pretty secure in my femaleness) but I can relate to a few aspects of it. When I was overcoming my bulimia (17 years of it, good god!!) I literally took a sledge hammer to my scale. lol Now I am slowly beginning to look at the number on it and say, 'yeah, whatever!' Most times, I can.

Thanks for the estrogen transmission!! I think one of the best parts about being human is gathering up all the love we get from others and passing it along to those that may be at a deficit. Love is expansive!

Oh, and if I ever say anything insensitive, please let me know! I haven't any gay/bi/transgender friends so I'm still learning the nuances of sexuality and gender. I'm here to learn!

#8 fenestra, Nov 4, 2015
  9. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was a hole in the drywall of my old house where I threw the scale and hit the wall, it had a reinforced glass plate that shattered and the base put a fist sized hole in the wall. My mom just came in and said, "well I guess I won't be weighing myself today" and that's when tears and laughing and all sorts of messy emotions came out to play. I love my mom so much, she's helped me through all of the bad times, even if she doesn't understand what's wrong, or why her daughter insists she's a son. Mom was just like, oh... Okay. XD

And I agree about love, I had one friends who told me (while she had a 103 fever) that love was the only resource that will never go away, because anytime people give some of there's away, they make more, but love never gets used to completion, it just gets handed on. She also told me that putting wet playing cards in the microwave wouldn't dry them, but hey, you can't win them all.

#9 Psycho Jess, Nov 4, 2015
  10. fenestra

I love your mom!! Yay for parental support!! I'm not sure how mine would react to me coming out. Actually, no, I have an idea and it wouldn't be pretty. Fortunately, I don't feel it necessary to bring it up right now. But I do try to dispel some misconceptions they have about people that fit into neat and tidy categories of female/male, straight/gay.

If it doesn't sound too crass, how do you and others refer to you, from a pronoun standpoint? He/him, she/her? I had heard there are other words but, for the life of me, I can't remember what they are. I love how language changes over time to reflect how we are more than just one thing or another.

11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there :slight_smile: Welcome to EC. No need to feel strange about joining just because you haven't had a same sex relationship yet, you're as welcome here as anyone else :slight_smile: I hope you like the forum!

12. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

13. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, my mom is pretty amazing!

As far as pronouns I'm much more relaxed about it than some. Because of medical reasons my doctor suggested heavily against doing things like testosterone treatments so I'm pretty much stuck in a female body excluding the things I can do cosmetically. Basically, I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be addressed to as she for a very long time. It used to bother me much more than it does now, but the people I care about understand I'm not female and that's enough for me.

In short, I prefer he/him, but I'm not going to have a melt down because I got called she/her. As a side note though, anytime you're not sure, neutral pronouns are probably best.

He rode his bike.
    She rode her bike.
    They rode their bike.

#13 Psycho Jess, Nov 4, 2015
  14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people