1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might as well introduce myself too.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mamikourtney, Nov 17, 2015.

1. mamikourtney

mamikourtney Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been going back and forth between joining a place like this and not joining one for awhile now. I definitely think I've earned my professional lurker status but I'm coming out of hiding to introduce myself.

Anyways, I'm Kourtney and I'll be 23 in just a few days. I'm a single mother to a one year old little girl who is my pride and joy. Being a mommy is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana but I recently moved to Virginia to be closer to my mom who's dealing with cancer. There's just one problem, she doesn't agree with my decision to no longer date men and to follow my heart and finally pursue what I really want. I've always been more drawn towards women than men, and the emotional connection has always been stronger too. Since my family is highly religious I know they'll never approve of my decision to date other women, but I need to live my life for me from now on. I've been holding back for too long.

Anyhow, that's pretty much me and my story in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you as well.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

3. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome to the EC...

I can identify with your situation... My parents are hella conservative christian and raised me and my brother to hate gay people and anyone who didn't believe like us... It never stuck and now i face disapproval for my whole-hearted support for the LGBT community and my brother faces their borderline hatred because he might be gay himself. All you can do is love them and be you and do what makes you happy. *hugs* Hope you enjoy EC

#3 dylanisawsome19, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people