1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Hello There.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Divinity, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Divinity

Okay well I just wasted about 10 minutes trying to find an appropriate title, jeez, off to a great start right?

Alright! So, after a lot of creepy stalking and confusion, I have come to realize that this is probably where my "hello community" post should go... even though this is my 4th post BUT I AM NEW TO THIS BLOG THING.
    I guess you can call me Divinity, which is a really awesome username after one of Porter Robinson's songs called "Divinity" (btw you should totally go listen to his stuff if you like EDM because he is AMAZING). I've never done anything like this before and really have no idea how to work this website at all. For exampe, I have no idea how to delete posts. Can you delete posts? How does anyone learn these things. I currently have two versions of the exact same post because I don't know how to get rid of the first one. I thought teenagers were supposed to magically have amazing technology powers so why do I feel like a blind 80 year old women trying to use this thing.
    As you can probably tell I like to talk a lot.
    I've never had any internet friends before, so I really don't know where to start with this whole "lets bond" thing. I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to put in these introductory things and I'm almost positive I will regret all of this later.
    Okay maybe I should start with the "WHO ARE YOU" portion of this introduction (if you can even call it that at this point)
    In fact, lets pretend the whole top part didn't even happen.

There. It's like it doesn't even exist anymore.
    Let's just start over

My name is Divinity (or at least on here it is) and I am 7 year old trapped inside the body of a 5'9" 14 year old girl. I really like to draw and might even post some of my art on here evtually. I also enjoy reading manga and watching anime (it's kind of an obsession), but I also love Last Week Tonight and Parks and Rec. I'm not really sure what my sexuality is, and because I've never dated or kissed anyone, I'm really just guessing what is I like- which seems to be both boys and girls currently, but I honestly have no idea. I guess what I'm hoping to get from this experience is some friends maybe? I know I really haven't done a very good job selling myself here, but I promise I'm not always this annoying- I'm just really really nervous about this whole thing.

So thats basically me.

Please let someone respond so I don't feel like a complete idiot after that tangent thanks have a great day.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2015 at 08:09 PM ----------

Wow I have successfully posted about 3 times as much as any other introduction on here go me.

2. Zalias

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the Community! :smilewave Don't be anxious! I'm new, too. It's good to see that there are new members coming to the site even as I am getting used to the layout myself. It'll take some getting used to. (&&&)

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2015 at 11:55 PM ----------

Also, I don't know about blogs, but with thread replies, click on 'edit', and there should be an option to delete the reply there. I suspect it's similar with blogs. Hope that helped!

#2 Zalias, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. Divinity

Hello! Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad that there are some new people here too! I've never been very good at approaching a tight-knit group of people, so knowing that there are some who are unfamiliar as well is a huge relief. To be completely honest, after writing my introduction, I read a couple other people's 'introductions' and your post was one of them! You seemed like a really cool guy but I was too shy to say anything- so it's really amazing that you contacted me. (sorry if that's a little creepy) Technology's really spectacular isn't it?
    Addressing the issue with deleting blog posts, there does not seem to be an "edit" button available, or at least not to my knowledge. But there are worse things in the world than a duplicate post. Thanks for the suggestion though, that was really nice of you!!

-Divinity

((side note: I have no idea if you'll be able to see this- not really sure how this reply function works, but I saw someone do something like this, I don't know, we'll see i guess.))

4. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome Divinity! :slight_smile: Took me a while until I figured out how this works aswell and I've made some weird mistakes hah. You're sure not the only one feeling like a blind 80 year old on here.

5. Zalias

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are actually a lot of new people here. It seems everytime I login there are new members registered. Granted, most of them probably don't submit Introduction entries. And I posted it with the intention of introducing yourself, so don't worry. :slight_smile: See you around!

Also, yes I can see your side note.

6. Divinity

Thanks!! Glad to know I'm not alone in my confusion hehe

7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome!
    :grin:

I'm a little bit the same. Though 'Ve been fairly active on here for about 7 months, I still feel awkward to approach people and I love reading the welcome lounge forum!
    Ah, and you'll get the hang of it eventually. If you have any specific questions on how things work you could just ask anyone on here :slight_smile:
    We're a friendly bunch!

And you don't have to regret anything xD. You seem great. Can I send you a request or something?