1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LukeAskan, Dec 5, 2015.

1. LukeAskan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone!

I am Luke, and have finally acknowledged that I am trans about a year ago. It has always been quite obvious, actually, but it had also been expected of me (by my family of origin) to be a woman and to also be attractive in a feminine way. I had not allowed myself to see what is there for a very long time, until way after I had left my family (the ones who expected me to look like a woman for not so good reasons).

This realization has thrown me badly, but at the same time, I have finally felt somewhat more right than I used to. Dysphoria hasn't become better for acknowledging what's wrong, of course, but that's another can of worms.

Some months ago, I had another realization - that I am not only a transman, but also gay. For some reason, this realization makes the dysphoria way worse - not sure why yet.

I am married to a straight (cis)man, who got to know me when I was still presenting as female... which complicates matters, as while he is very understanding, the thought of me transitioning properly to male is, while he would still support me in this, of course quite daunting to him. And I understand. It's not exactly what he signed up for, but he's been very nice about it all.

So... this is only the absolute basics, but I don't assume anyone would like to read a novel here now. :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to getting to know you, and also to having the opportunity to being able to figure out things with the help of people who have known them for much longer, thought about them for much longer than I have, or just have another perspective.

Thank you very much for reading, and have a lovely day. :slight_smile:

Luke

#1 LukeAskan, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015