1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Awesomicly, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Awesomicly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!

It has been 3 years since I came out to my family and closest friends. That was a big thing for me and they have been so supportive, most of them anyway. And I am very thankfull for that.
    At work it's been a different story. At my old job I've been bullied for who I am, they have said that I have an illness, that I was sick or 'not real'. Like I wasn't a real person and my feelings were not real. Fortunately I have started new job a year ago as a teamleader. Only a few of my colleagues know that I am a lesbian. The colleagues that don't know about me like to joke about gay employees. It's difficult to see them being hurt like that.
    I don't want to lie about who I really am, but also struggle with the idea of everybody knowing the truth about my sexuality. And it's hard to see other people being bullied for who they are. It feels like it's a look into my own future at work.
    Hopefully I can find some support here :slight_smile:

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! It sucks that you've got some close-minded people in your workspace, but not to worry: you're in good hands here. This community is extremely friendly and supportive :slight_smile: