1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure I belong here.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Soulmonsters, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Soulmonsters

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all,

Well where should I start? I'm Mikey, 28 years old who has gone through a lot of hardships throughout his life. I wouldn't change any of it, because making it through the hard times turned me into the man I am today. I take great pride from where I came from and where I'm going.

In the last 2 years I've realized my potential and goals. I always had what I considered the dream guy; the guy who I wanted to be with. One day I realized it's impossible to know what the best fit is for you; it was then I realized that guy I dreamed of was the man I wanted to be not the man I wanted to be with. After that realization I ended the relationship I was in at the time. I got a significantly better job, and spent a year getting out of debt (Still working on student loans).

After that I started to focus on my health, starting with my teeth, ending with a routine Dr. checkup. While I was the Drs. They diagnosed me with ADHD, and put me on a script. It changed my life for the better, I became a whole person on my own. I reached my goals in the matter of months, and realized I had more potential then I had ever dreamed. Which has caused me to dream big, and the unyielding drive in me is what gives me the confidence I need to accomplish this.

I work full time, and come summer my student loans will be completely paid off. At that time I'll be going back to school for my associates in computer sciences. In the meanwhile I've studied on my own, math, grammar and spelling. (Dam spell check made it to easy lol.)

I do have friends in my daily life, and it tends to be hectic. Yet in my daily life I do not have a single gay friend, or bi sexual. Every time I try, they want sex or a relationship and since I re-frame from that while I push towards my goals I find a void. The internet has always appealed to me, the concept of taking time to write down your thoughts as if in a letter, yet have the ability for instant delivery is beautiful. All over the world you could have friends with significant meaning to you.

So my hope here, is to make connections for people who care for me. Not because of what I have to offer, or anything of that nature. Just because they enjoy my company, the way I think, and the way I dream. I'd love to spend some of my spare time getting to know a few of you on here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. If I seem like someone you want to know feel free to message me, to everyone else. Have a wonderful time, and thank you for stopping by.

2. Magenta Mucus

Mikey! Good to have you here and welcome to Empty Closets!

You were right, this kind of friends-without-benefits thing is quite common here. All of us are friends and none of us openly want sex (I think).

It's nice to see someone getting their life on track and getting back in the game, all by the force of their own indomitable will.

For now, until you can Visitor Message with 10+ posts, quote if you need to get someone's attention.

And again, welcome!

3. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you are definitely in the right place.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC~! ^.^

5. Soulmonsters

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all for greeting me, it makes me grin to know I am in the right place. I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully making each others day slightly better!

6. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hi Mikey,

You're in the right place. Here there are some really great people.
    I also came here looking for friends-without-benefits... I want to make friends with real people not just guys looking for the next conquest.
    You're on the right track.

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: