1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Community!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by OneHundred100, Dec 21, 2015.

1. OneHundred100

Hello everyone,
    So I have never in my life posted on on a forum or anything of the sort so forgive me ahead of time if this is a long winded and complicated introduction.

So I started questioning my sexuality a very long time ago. When I was younger I thought that maybe I was bisexual because I was sort of attracted to both men and women. But when push came to shove I would choose a woman. So that being said I tried dating a few but I never really followed through, I always sort of just took my distances when things seemed like they were getting to serious.

So I moved on with my life thinking that maybe it was a phase and that it was over (..okay maybe I never thought that but I did try really hard to convince myself...) Why? I don;t know. I come from a pretty open family and I don;t know why I would be afraid to be myself if that was what it was. But I'm just not sure of who I am.

I'm now dating a really nice guy but I'm not attracted to him, and I don't really think I ever was. I just went along with it because that is what you're supposed to do... The longer I'm with him, the less attracted I am to him and the more I feel like I'm losing myself.

To add to the confusion, I recently ran into an ex interest of mine (a girl) and kissed her. And it was wonderful and incredible but it also brought back a lot of feelings and led me to more confusion about the matter.

Now I know that maybe I should probably have things figured out, but I don't and I don't even know where to start or how to deal.

Am I a lesbian?Am I Bi? All I know is chances are that I'm probably not straight. Can I even label what I am? Most likely not, but with the community help maybe I can begin to figure it all out.

Again sorry about the confusion. If you need more specifics just ask!:smilewave

2. killswitch0029

Don't worry about labels.

I can relate to your phases and the mass confusion that they can cause when you're trying to discover who you are as a person. As for your relationship issue, I'm a relationship expert by no means (my track record is sh*t, haha) so it'd be best to seek advice about that elsewhere. All I can really say on the matter is that if it's not something you're doing because you really want to, reevaluating your priorities is a must.

As for trying to label yourself as bi or a lesbian or whatever, don't worry about coming up with a name for what you are. Figuring out your orientation is a stressful event as it is, trying to come up with a word to define it just adds to the confusion. For now just be yourself and see where that leads you. That's what's important.

Sorry I couldn't offer too much advice, but I hope it helps somewhat. I wish you luck :slight_smile:

3. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also wouldn't worry about labels. It takes time for your head to catch to what your heart may already know. Just don't define yourself by what others might do or say. Follow your own heart. Also, if you don't feel a connection to a particular guy, that does automatically mean you're gay or bi. This is about you. Your feelings. Your body. Your life. Explore the many paths where life can take you, then choose the one that brings you love and joy.

4. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome OneHundred100! Wouldn't that be like, 10,000? Or something? Math is not my strong suit.

This is the perfect place to talk to others in the LGBT global community and figure out who you are! There are forums for everything you can think of, and some you can't. We're all here to help and support you! :grin: Welcome to the family. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

The water is full of salt, but you can pick most of it out.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Labels are useful, but they aren't permanent. Setting that aside, I think you probably know that something is not working with your relationship, and probably the main thing is whether the guy you're dating understands this. Do you think you could tell him that you also like girls? Yes, it may hurt, but he's the one who might get hurt more in the long run if he continues to assume you're interested in him.

6. biguywantsgirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just joined and wanted to say I'm looking forward to all there is to explore. Hoping to make new female and male friends. A late starter, but better late than never.

Thanks.