1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello again

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ECMember, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had introduce myself a bit a few days ago, but I would like to give a better introduction to the LGBT community here at EC.

Hello everyone. I'm scorpiontx91. I'm 24, Hispanic, bi curious guy. It's been recently since I've admitted to myself that I'm bi curious. I overlooked it for a couple of years and saw hints of it(for more info please read my other posts).

I had this whole stigma since middle school of homophobia. I mean I wasn't gay in middle school but I did have the occasional "faggot" "fag" slur aimed at me. And the bullying there and such. So I suppose from there I sought to act masculine. I mean I would make the random fantasies to my guys friends of wanting to have sex with "hot chicks."

I mean I would shoot the breeze with my friends about wanting to have sex with sorority girls or any female celebrities.

But I never had sex with a girl at all.

I've had moments where I came close to it. It's whatever really. Though, the virginity status has bothered me whenever male friends or people I knew had sex. I felt like I lost my "masculinity points"(it was some bullshit notion I had).

I do like women but I do like men but I have a specific preference.

I've dealt with a lot of things the past 5 1/2 years along the struggles I've had dealing with my sexuality and such. I've dealt with depression, anxiety, borderline racism/discrimination, mood swings, poverty, social anxiety, loneliness, various levels of alcoholism, dysfunctional family, broken friendships, making friends/losing friends.

With all my trials and tribulations, nothing has been better for me to self admit that I'm bi curious.

I make my introduction to this LGBT community.

I have no problem sharing my experiences to anyone here that would benefit and would gladly appreciate advice from others.

2. killswitch0029

Welcome :smilewave

Sounds like you've been through a lot, which means that you're relatable and have quite a bit to offer to some of the people here.

I hope you have a good experience here on EC :slight_smile:

3. penelope

Wow your story has an encouraging message. Good to hear that you've come to terms with yourself. :slight_smile: I think that that's is one of the most important (and might even be one of the most difficult) things in life. People are really nice and supporting here. Welcome to EC and I hope you like it here. :slight_smile:

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome again! One of the biggest hurdles to coming out is first coming out to yourself, so kudos on that point! Also, it can be tough unlearning all the homophobic stereotypes when growing up in a culture that values machismo, that doesn't mean things have to stay the same.

6. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've saw hints the past 5 1/2 years that I was not purely straight as I've had brief sexual feelings towards some close male friends wrapped within platonic/emotional ones. Recently, I've noticed a transference of sexual feelings or attraction towards guys that fit my so-called preference. But I still like girls for the most part. So I'm somewhat clueless to define a good label.

I mean I told someone about this and they didn't judge me and they said it's cool I can be flexible to my sexuality. I see myself as progressive/flexible sexual. I don't see myself as gay or straight purely.