1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good day one and all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sativa, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Sativa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hiy to anyone who giving the time to read my little introduction.

I don't really know where to begin as this is all completly new to me, talking about my sexuality. I've never spelt it out before. But here goes.
    I'm a 25 year old woman who lives in a pretty rural area in Scotland (LGBT is somewhat still alien to people around here). There's a strong mixture of opinions on the subject with both young generation and old.

It's been an interesting journey so far. A year ago I came clean to myself, that alone was huge! And eventually I started to feel ok about it. I accepted it to myself. From there Lots of things started making more sense too. Realising that as far back as school, I liked girls (even though not fully seeing this myself at the time, or wanting too maybe) I guess I've always found something attractive about woman. Sure Ive had boyfriends and I was even engaged a few years ago but it always felt like something was lacking. So I'm giving myself the time and space to figure myself out. Everyday some things seem clearer and easier to deal with, other times not so much. All I know is I like woman, I know I'm more attracted to woman than men. I do get on with men and find some attractive and have more male friends than woman. It's the opinions of others that terrifies me. I don't want it to but it does. My pride is my downfall.

In time my confidence may help me venture further but for now, I want to thank EC for the opportunity to meet people, going through similar issues. Already I feel so much lighter just rabbiting on a little. Thanks
    Have a great day everybody.

2. IrishJ

Good morning from across the pond and welcome to EC. You are on common ground with so many members going through various stages. You will find a supportive community of like minded individuals here. Welcome again and happy holidays - J

3. foxer

Hello and welcome to . EC ! Phew got it right
    I was about to write Europe for some reason :grin:
    That said. Yes. You've come to one of the most helpfull and supportive places on the whole internet.

If you have any questions / worries on your mind feel free to ask ^-^

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. Sativa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you. All of you! This is both very exciting and incredibly heartwarming already.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closets! Congratulations on accepting yourself, that's already a huge step, and the most important one. You have come to the right place to receive support, and to make some new friends.

Giving yourself the time to continue figuring things out, and taking it slow will help in the long run, and also help you in your efforts to build some more confidence and working on coming out to the people around you.

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile: