1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by day1974, Jan 9, 2016.

1. day1974

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :icon_sad:First post, hope I can gain some insight here. Have had a crush on this woman for 2 months now. I feel awful about not being able to say anything. I'm older and would love to be happy one day. When I'm around her I freeze up. I want her to know but I'm not out.

2. foxer

Hello & welcome to emptyclosets! EC for short

So you have a crush situation.
    I'd recommend starting a thread on the family friends and relationships
    That way you'll get much more help & advice as it's the forum for that kind of questions, this, is a mere welcome lounge. Pardon me I usually try to give some advice right ahead but I'm too tired at the moment so maybe later :grin:

Meanwhile you could make yourself at home and enjoy your stay. People are friendly around here ^-^

Okay, screw it:
    The thing seem that you might be lacking confidence. Am I right?
    Confidence is hard to come by but even the little things can boost it greatly, especially the things that make one feel that they have a achieved something. SO. Boosting self-confidence (and propably self-esteem aswell) can be done with simply doing things. Simple, yes? And with the things I mean doing something you normally don't do. (Ok that was weird) E.g. joining some photography group, different groups overall can be a good thing. Starting a new hobby, hobbies don't have to be paid. Jogging is free for exsample, and photography aswell. I mean if you have a smartphone, their cameras are quite decent and a good place to start.
    I'm maybe not the best person to talk about talking to your crush as I myself usually just come over that kind of thing randomly, Just. Kind of decide that now it happens :rolle:

If that was for any help, I'm glad. If not, it doesn't bother me. Oh. And don't forget to start a thread about this. You should receive a lot good support from there. As said welcome lounge might not be the best place to ask support as people usually just go passing by saying hello in here.

yadda yadda yadda, roll roll, barrel roll. (!!)(!)

All in all, Welcome to EC!
    I hope you enjoy yourself here and get plenty of support. Perhaps we meet again somewhere, sometime.

Have fun and stay safe my dear (*hug*)

I'm sure I made a typo somewhere :dry:

#2 foxer, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  3. Minx

Welcome to EC =^-^=