1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by demi T, Jan 13, 2016.

1. demi T

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hi

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 07:19 AM ----------

f 22 nice to meat you i think i have to come out to my parents in scared af

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2016 at 07:20 AM ----------

i mean 23 lol I'm dumb

2. foxer

Well hello there!
    And welcome to empty closets, EC for short.

You've come to one of the most friendly & helpfull places on the internet.
    SO. You think it's time for you to come out to your parents? I'd recommend starting a thread on the coming-out-advice subforum. There you'll receive more help & advice as it's the forum for that kind of questions. This, is a mere welcome lounge :slight_smile:

But perhaps I could say something:
    Coming out to one's parent can be terrifying and stressing. But there are several things to make it easier / not so scary. One thing that I think is important is knowing parents views on the lgbt themes. In some cases, which is a pity, parents can be homophobic to the point that one might not want to come out to them. Atleast not straight ahead.

How to know your parents views? It can take some time / fishing to get the information without making it not look too obvious. You could try to examine them if there's something lgbt related on the news,
    (protip: taking notes to notepad is obvious)
    perhaps drop a tactical question there? Or you could say something neutral relating the subject and see what response(s) you get.

This, of course contains a question of how spontaneous you are normally. If you suddenly start asking their opinions it might be too obvious but it really depends on the person.

I hope that was for any help. If you have questions feel free to ask, if there is something pressing on your mind feel free to start a thread in the forums. In the meantime make yourself at home & enjoy your stay

Someone once said: "Good things come to those who wait"
    I will now render that phrase ^ obsolete. Good things come to those who wait. Sure. But it's about how you wait. Lying on the ground is going to get nobody to nowhere

Foxer Out, Didn't have time to say - knockout

See ya 'round mate