1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from WA

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SapphireShores, Jan 19, 2016.

1. SapphireShores

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, this is my first time coming to a LGBTQA support group of any kind, IRL or online. I've been in a long term het relationship (10 years) but have never confronted my feelings on my sexuality. I've been shoving it down for my entire life, especially after my sister "in law" came out as gay and my mans family reacted terribly. (Both sides staunch Christian Republicans)

I have had a history of self harm, due to my disabilities and my sexuality, although I am not actively suffering. I have been on great meds for a long time, and am not too concerned about this aspect unless I have a breakdown.

While I dont expect my sexuality to harm my relationship directly, such as cheating or leaving my male for a female (etc), I have a lot of anxiety and self-hate as a result of it. I lost all my friends in school when they found out I was bisexual (although now I ID as polysexual), and my family was a Christian family who loathed the LGBT community from lack of experience (my dad's step daughter is a lesbian, so he's come around haha)

This is why I joined this forum, to try and help make sense of my whole self, not the parts that people find acceptable...and to find friends who have come to accept themselves as well. While I dont run my life around my sexual identity...I want to feel complete, and not in denial.

I'm already pretty eccentric, being disabled and a reptile/exotics person in addition to being a white Hindu, and being part of the LGBT community just makes things that much harder for me.
    ------------
    Anyways, enough complaining, glad to be here, and can't wait to talk to you all! (assuming you still want to after all that haha)

~SS

2. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello and welcome to empty closets. I am sure you will fit right in and that you will get all the help that you need. We are all here for you. Just drop us a message when you need us :slight_smile: Hopefully your self harm isn't too bad (*hug*)

3. Gay1234

Welcome to EC. This forum is brilliant and you should be able to find comfort here like I did. It is a really good forum and it is full of advice that is helpful. It will really give insight to your problems as people with experiences can help you greatly.

Welcome and Good Luck,
    Gay1234

4. Mikelhpc228

HI SapphireSHores-
    Thank you for posting. I am also new to this forum & recently (Nov 2015) I began to openly acknowledge my sexuality. I am married (hetero) and I dont know how my wife will react when we have The conversation! I, like you, want to feel complete, but it is difficult when you have been living a lie for most of one's life (denial). Great meeting you!

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, welcome to EC! :wave:

6. SapphireShores

Out Status:
    A few people
    phew! Hi guys, wasn't sure if I unloaded too much at once and would scare everyone off :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome <3

7. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to the community SapphireShores.

I can certainly relate to the self-hatred and shame that can build up over years of suppressing an authentic part of yourself. It creates a lot of knots that ultimately need to be untangled.

I think you’ve come to the right place for help!