1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ontherocks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Ontherocks

Hello i am looking for people who may understand me a little bit better.

My Story. I Grew up in a religious house (Catholic) where i was taught that being gay is wrong and sinful. I don't think i need to add anything else here.

When i was 13 i was sent away to Boarding School. It wasn't soon after this i started having feelings towards a girl in one of my classes (nothing come of it). I tried my best (and i did it damn well maybe to well) to push down the fact that I was having gay thoughts and feelings. as this was happening I isolated myself from my Peers (which i think is one of causes of my Social Anxiety) I was terrified someone would find out my feelings which would of left me cut a drift.

Since leaving High School I have continued to Isolate myself. I'm scared to tell my Parents i don't really have many friends that i would call "real" friends to confine in and i find it hard to connect to people because of my Social Anxiety.

My Mom keeps pushing me to start dating guys which i forced myself to meet one or two just to keep the farce up that I'm straight to my Parents.

I hope that makes sense :dry:.

#1 Ontherocks, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. BriSoft

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome,

I think you will find some support and new friends here. :slight_smile:

Bri

3. Ontherocks

I further expanded where i currently stand in my opening post.

4. foxer

Hello & welcome to Empty Closets. EC for short.

You've come to the right place. This is the one of the most supportive and friendly place you'll find from the whole internet. That said feel free to ask questions and such if you need to. If you're looking for support on some spesific subject you should try the support area. Make a thread there and it's pretty much guaranteed you'll receive quite a some responses and help..

It can be terrifying and scary but I'm sure you'll manage it. The point is not to stop. Keep on going. And eventually, you'll get there. The journey might not be easy. And sometimes it feels you're going backwards. But don't give up. You'll make it, and perhaps gather new people around you when you do.

There's this saying:
    “life is about the journey and not the destination”.
    But it really could't be more wrong. In reality life is a series of destinations. And that saying actually denies the signifigance of destinations. But I'm not going to flip it the other way around. Why? Then it would deny the signifigance of journey. I said that life is a series of destinations, but between those destinations. There lies a journey.

Enjoy the journey by all means, but proceed with destination in mind.

But for now. If you have something to ask about the forums themself don't hesitate to ask. Better safe than sorry they say ^-^

On the meantime make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.
    - sincerely Foxer

#4 foxer, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. Ontherocks

Thanks Foxer.

6. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to emptyclosets:slight_smile: You are very welcome here!

7. foxer

You're welcome my dear (*hug*)