1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one month and still kicking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by casjerem, Feb 3, 2009.

1. casjerem

casjerem Guest

yay, its been a month since i came out and im still okay. this last month has been pretty rough, with my parents having trouble accepting me, and struggling with school as well. i actually quite happy i came out (after 8 or 9 years of me trying to denying who i am) and its so liberating. though now, im thinking of all those things that i have to worry about now, discrimination against gays, our rights and how they are being denied, our very being being rejected by people and trying to change who we are because they dont except us, and the list goes on. all that said, im still cheery because for the first time in my life, im being honest to myself rather than lying about how i feel. i still have other problems in my life that i need go about tackling, but at least the biggest of them all is over, i can finally say that i have lifted that weight of my shoulders. :icon_bigg

2. EM68

I'm glad you are happy. It is so liberating and empowering to come out. I came out last week to a gay friend of mine from home that I recently reconnected with and last night came out to my sister. I am on cloud nine!

I hope your parents come around soon and the problems you have at school turn around.