1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello...it's me.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PopEvil, Feb 15, 2016.

1. PopEvil

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :smilewave What's up, so um...alright, I'm extremely new to forums and sites like this, but I will try my best haha

I mainly came here because I live in a small southern town, and I don't have many other LGBT+ around and I needed to find a place to "belong" if that makes sense :eusa_doh:

I also could use help, especially with coming out(I have not yet!). Mainly because I'm not used to talking to my parents alone because I rarely can get any alone time with them because of the amount of siblings I have.

I also am uncomfortable and not used to speaking how I feel because it always didn't go well. :confused:

Enough about that, you can find more information about me on my profile, but in a nutshell I hope we can become good friends, and that I will hopefully receive help and have a successful outing.:help:

So yes, thats about it. My name is Gracie, and how about yours? :slight_smile:

(!)-I'm a shy awkward turtle- :roflmao:

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome :slight_smile: I hope you find the community helpful :slight_smile:

3. Ali6132

Hi! I'm Alicia, and I'm new here, too.
    I used to like in the south, until about a year and a half ago. I didn't know what LGBT+ was then (I moved away from there on my 12th birthday, I'm 13 now), but I know that it was never brought up, and that "live by the bible or die" down there, is what it felt like.
    I would come out to a best friend or close friend before you come out to your parents. If your friend(s) is/are supportive, then it might give you a bit of confidence to come out to your parents. I came out to my friends the second I figured everything out (Instagram chat groups are convenient), and I came out to my mom for some dumb reason. She invalidated me, and my dad doesn't know yet since he's the most homophobic person since Trump.
    The most important thing, I think, is that you should just come out when you feel comfortable doing it. If you don't feel comfortable coming out, I would wait until you do.
    But anyways, hi!

4. PopEvil

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, glad to meet you
    Thank you so much for the advice, I related exactly to what you said about it never being mentioned and "living by the bible." It is a really bad enviroment for me, but hey, there is not much I can do about that.

Other than two online friends, I have never came out to anyone (and never face to face), and I have no friends to practice on. Ridiculous, I know, but I have struggled with social anxiety for most of my life, and I go to a small early college high school, so theres not much people to know, and its a very conservative enviroment, not many opportunities to talk. I actually had a very open-minded friend I would talk to but as I got into high school we slipped a part.

My mom actually says she does not care if any of her children is gay, but like your father, mine likely will be just the same. And I do not know if she will tell him or not, but the thought of it kills me, haha.

5. PurpleMushroom

Hello Gracie I'm Charlotte and it's nice to meet you! I hope you feel welcomed here :slight_smile: If you ever need an open ear or just want a friend to talk to I am always happy to ^_^

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome! :slight_smile:

7. PopEvil

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, thanks for the welcoming :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2016 at 06:22 PM ----------

Hey Charlotte, I already feel at home haha :slight_smile: thank you for the reply, I would love to get to know you

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there!

I love Torn to Pieces btw :grin:

9. Eye Shine

Hello friend and welcome to EC. We will do our best to help you have a successful "outing" and it is okay to find a place where you feel you belong. This is also your place

10. BookWriter1994

Hello! Welcome to the EC!