1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsettled

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by IMaybeLoveLynn, Feb 23, 2016.

1. IMaybeLoveLynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 24... not really quite sure 'bout things right now. I've never been in a relationship with either sex... call that really unusual but that's so true for me. I have very often had to face my parents scrutiny as to why I've never had anyone introduced to them as the love of my life. I have always been one of the boys at home, I have always felt more comfortable being just that little tomboy at home but I know I was attracted to men and women are a nuisance especially those who stands out and turns out getting the guy that I like. :dry:

I spent my high school in an all girls school, I remember a girl asking me once if I could probably consider a same sex relationship and that's something that made me really feel grossed, not that I'm condemning those who choose those type of affairs but I just knew it was not for me. The closest thing to a relationship that I had was with this guy I meet at my first job who made me feel extra special, I never had a chance to confirm anything with him cause sadly he had to give up the job for a greener pasture. He's definitely the first guy that I ever cried over for, first lost love tears I bet, but then just as I was on the process of moving on with that lost there is this girl I met at that same job, I don't know but for some reason everything about her just seemed so amusing for me. I first thought it might just be me wanting to have a little sister to take care of. She used to be that girl who's left alone at the corner cause she was so shy to make friends with other co-workers but somehow I've figured how to get her to talk to people and even influenced her to drinking out with colleagues. We became inseparable, then a part of me just loved to think of her, I could remember every single thing that she tells me about herself. It likes automatically gets saved to my long term memory, if that even makes sense. I started to freak out when I realized that all those things I might be feeling for her was no longer normal, I've always convinced myself that I would fall only for men and that I ought to be married have kids and live like how it's taught to me by my family.

I had to get my act together, so I ran as fast as I could, I know that I could live w/o her and that leaving her should not mean anything to me. I resigned from work. Found a new career and did really great with it. We remained friends though I refused to see her cause it made me feel really uncomfortable and seeing her makes me really confused about how and why I'm feeling different 'bout her. The group of friends that I used to have at that work was really kind enough to make her a part of the squad, I was mostly absent on our gatherings since the new job I found eat up most of my time. Until the other day, I had so much stress at work so a night out with my gals would not be a bad idea, it has been over a year since I last thought about her so I figured I was so over it.

Thing is... the entire time I was with my friends, I can't stop looking at her and no matter what the topic was discussed by the squad I always knew what her respond would be because every single thing that she said about what she like and didn't like was still so fresh to me. I was so tempted to touch her, to hold her hands, I've missed her so bad I didn't want the night to last. Thoughts of her bugs me so much... I'm suppose to be at work right now but here I am writing this letter here.. *sigh*
    I wanted to go ahead tell myself that I maybe really a lesbian... time to accept reality or could it be that I'm just over thinking?
    Will telling her about this help me figuring my sexuality or should I just try let it go like I did before?

2. Cornered

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, I'm very inexperienced with matters like this, and I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but finding your true self is what EC is all about, anyway. Welcome to Empty Closets~!

There are people here who know a lot more than me, though most people don't seem to check out the Welcome Lounge forum.

Perhaps if you posted this in the Coming Out Advice forum or the Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum people would be able to give more substantial replies?

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! This is a great place to talk with people and learn more about yourself.

You are young and now is a good time to learn about yourself. I don't have an experience like yours, but I would encourage you to explore and not have any regrets later. Do you think she might feel the same way about you?

I agree with Cornered, too, that you might get more replies in one of the other sections from people who don't check the Welcome Area frequently.

Welcome, and I hope you find friendship and help here, as I have.

4. IMaybeLoveLynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks to you both... I sure hope to find answers and figure things out about myself here. :slight_smile:

Adray, I'm not certain about how she's feeling 'bout me. I could only hope for the best when it comes to her, she's also not someone who would tell her feelings towards other people not even to me whom she feels so comfortable speaking to.

This is my first thread here and I didn't quite figured out how to choose where to post a thread but I got the hang of it now. I'm really enjoying reading all the stuff that is shared here, openness that I'll never get from place I'm in right now.. :icon_sad:

5. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Hi. Welcome to EC...

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: