1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning about my identity

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by WhisperedSmile, Feb 29, 2016.

1. WhisperedSmile

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, folks

The name I decided to use for this site is WhisperedSmile, meant to elude to a soft emission of happiness. I'm 22, female, 5ft tall and living in the far north. I'm an introvert, and I haven't had a place to anonymously express myself for a long time, so here I am.

It's been some time now since I first had the realization that I probably like girls. If I'm being honest with myself, I knew in elementary school because I had a crush on my closest friend who was a beautiful dancer. In middle school and high school some of my female friends told me that they would date me if I was bisexual, and had let me know that they were regularly flirting with me.

A few years ago I posted some pictures of myself on an explicit website to gain some self-confidence about my body, and I found that after the swelling of positive attention from lots of guys, I kept searching for a girl I could chat with in a flirtatious way. I never found one to chat with.

Fast forward to now, where I live with a great boyfriend who I've been with for about 2 years. I'm in a really wonderful, happy, and supportive relationship, but especially lately I find I'm fantasizing and dreaming about being with girls instead. There was even a point over the summer where I broke down crying after telling my guy that I didn't want to have sex that night -- that night was the only time I mentioned to him that I think I like girls. I didn't have a big conversation about it, and he was totally fine with it, but I didn't want to admit just yet that I'm probably bisexual. I might even be straight up lesbian, I don't know.

Basically I'm here tonight to find some support, and folks I can chat with and learn from. I'll mostly be reading other posts and making blog entries once I find out how to do that.

For now, thanks for being here, and hello! I'll move back into the woodwork now. :slight_smile:

2. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Hi WhisperedSmiles...Welcome to EC!! I'm Ryann and I'm 13...:thewave::welcome::thewave:

3. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the forums To answer your question you may be lesbian or you could be bisexual either which way take your tie. In Determining your sexuality it is a big deal if you don't want to you don't even have to label yourself just take a few deep breaths take your time in figuring out what you really are and remember love is love no matter what!

4. Elli

Hey there and welcome to EC!
    I'm in a pretty similar situation, though I'm younger than you I know how you feel! I bet it'll be better soon enough and you'll figure it out. No worries :slight_smile:

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: