1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if I'm not gay enough

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SongBird300, Mar 14, 2016.

1. SongBird300

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi...I'm an inexperienced bisexual but my people refer to gay, homosexual, transgender, and gender role change and sexuality along those lines as "two-spirit" so that's the term I use and the term I love because my people [Native Indian] use the term two-spirit as something beautiful and the people are honored because someone born one way who has the spirit of male and female is amazing because not everyone can see life from both spirits prospective.

I am the only one in my family with Native Indian beliefs. Only my God Mother's Spirituality support my sexual preference of men and women. Everyone else in my family on both sides with different religions believe I am confused and going against God. I know this because my Freshman year in High School realized and came out to my Mother, friends, and a few family members as bisexual. My Mother threw the Bible at me, my friends supported me the best they could, and everyone else I told reacted disappointed or shoved it off as a phase and basically told me to keep liking men. I wasn't very popular in High School and barely had 2 boyfriends and 0 luck with girls.

In college I did not fit in with the LGBT group I tried to hang out with and slowly made friendships and connection with people who did not believe in two-spirit ways. Since 2014 until recently I have tried to be straight because that's what people wanted and I believed no girl wanted me for whatever reasons.

Since I found my own Spirituality and being around a transgender classmate and lesbian couples and seeing the support they have and deciding to let myself think about thoughts about my attraction to women that I taught myself to throw away and ignore did I realize the mistake I have made by giving my life and happiness to other people. I have never had a girlfriend and I want that to change but I literally have minimum support since coming out again to one casual classmate and God Mom. I am scared to try to go out and date women because I think my sexuality will be questioned because I've only been with men. I do feel I would be more confident in coming out to my whole family and socially if I had a girlfriend.

2. TheHesitantAlien

Hi! That's a very interesting story. Do you know that your God Mother would be 100% comfortable with you confiding in her on matters of this nature, because I would strongly recommend doing so if she would support you in it - it's always good to have someone you know you can trust and talk to on a personal level. As for looking for a girlfriend, I would also recommend that, but don't be too eager. Don't try to just go and date people for the sake of it. I hope this has helped, and I wish you well! :slight_smile:
    - Leo

3. SongBird300

Out Status:
    A few people
    It was helpful. ^.^ My God Mom is super supportive so I think so. As far as the girlfriend I plan on taking that slooooow.

4. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. Love the spirit portion of the story. Anyway, I'm gay and have only ever had sex with one person. A woman, but I'm gay my friend lol. So don't worry about post relationships :slight_smile:

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

6. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC... I love your Username. Spirituality does play a big part of who we are so don't lose it... It'll help you through the hard times.

Bright Blessings!

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. beowoolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome! I come from the Pacific Northwest (BC, Canada) and I hear the term "two-spirit" a lot. You're right. It really is a beautiful concept and I wish I could learn more about it from someone of the culture, so I'm happy to be your friend here :slight_smile:

I think as long as you have one or two people to trust things will look up. God Mom seems like a lovely person. As for expanding your social circle, there must be meet-ups, clubs, and such in your area you can explore. If not, don't write off dating sites and apps. I've met some good platonic friends that way!

Best of luck and welcome again :slight_smile:

9. SongBird300

Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys are so nice and helpful. I lean on my Spirituality a lot. I want to meet other Native believers. I know the history and practices and beliefs but I don't know a practicing person. I've been told there are multiple Pow Wow's [Educational and Spiritual gathering] in my area just need wheels.

(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

:icon_bigg