1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, guys! Here's an update.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Jinkies, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Miss me?

Anyway, I'm sure some of you have noticed I'm not a mod anymore. While I haven't exactly checked to see if there was a reason given, I don't think it'd be too much of a surprise to people on what it is, given the fact that I'm creating a second "Hello" thread.

Basically, things had been running smoothly until I received a text from my father regarding a financial matter that needed immediate attention, which led to intense job searching, and a few weeks later, a job at the McDonald's my father used to work at. I'll definitely say it's not boring, which is what I like in a job. All the good things aside, it did cost me my staff position here, since I had to be offline for a few weeks and focus on that and school.

Oh yeah, about that: I got accepted into not one, but TWO schools in England! Both in the London area. So LGBT-wise, that means I'm finally going to be living with my boyfriend, come August. Hopefully, that also means I'll also be able to really start my transition. I'll finally be pursuing a Bachelor's degree, and I'll finally be in the country I've wanted to live in since I was 12.

So what else have I been doing while not here?

If it's any surprise to anybody here, I'm a Bernie supporter. And that means I've been at rallies, doing canvassing, and generally trying to get fellow Berners to vote. I was very glad to see my county turning up as a Bernie county in Illinois last Tuesday.

So, yeah. That's basically why I've been gone, if anyone's been wondering. It's not that I don't want to help EC out. Far from it. In fact, I do want to help this place out more as I get settled into the UK. Do I know exactly how that's going to work out? Not quite now, but I hope to have some sort of plan within the year. To be perfectly honest, due to all of this, I'm not sure how much I'll be on EC for the rest of the year, what with all the cleaning out my room and getting ready for August I'll have to do. Not to mention I've got to finish this semester of school, and balance that with work. Oh yeah, and there's a transwoman I've been friends with since High school who's staying at my(?) house for what I'm guessing is the weekend.

Anyway, yeah! If anybody was worried that I'd gone downhill due to the 2016 curse, it's actually been quite the opposite. My life is finally coming together, and the only real issue is a large debt I've got to pay off by August.

2. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I remember you! :slight_smile: welcome back and thanks for the update!

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome back to the forum! :slight_smile: