1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey There, I need a little help.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Gryphon1999, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Gryphon1999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, this feels a little weird for me. I'm a 17 year old guy, and I'm fairly sure I'm bi. I know I'm attracted to girls, trust me. However, recently my friend came out as bi, and I started to open up to the idea. I'm sure the guys out there know how much being gay is used as an insult. Since like 5th grade it's been considered scandalous and embarrassing to be even called gay. The word was used to describe things not even related to sexuality. Therefore, it feels a little weird to like guys. I'm pretty sure I do though, but I'm going to wait for college to try anything. My main dilemma is this, am I actually bi, or do I seem just circumstance ally bi because my friend is? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :smilewave

I can see from your intro why you might be unsure about yourself. You could be bi, you could be straight, you just gotta take the time to think about it and explore a bit to discover yourself. This site is loaded with great people so there's bound to be some people who can help you find some answers. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Gryphon... I was unsure for years or at least I didn't admit it to myself for a long time. There's no rush. You know in time.