1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared as hell

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DocPJ, Apr 12, 2016.

1. DocPJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi all.

Can't believe I'm here. Never talked about this with anyone, ever. Don't know what brought me here this morning, but I've gotta talk, I suppose, before I get stupid.

I'm a paramedic, a navy veteran, and biologically female, but I've known since I was eight years old that I'm a man.

Why I've never even considered talking about this with anyone is because of my general confusion. You see, I like men. How the hell can I be a FTM Transgender and still be sexually aroused by men?

Usually most folks think I'm a lesbian, but nope. Love men. So after all these years of stuffing myself very deep in the closet, I don't know if I can take it anymore.

Am I rambling? Yeah...I am.

Anyway, thanks to whoever is listening.

Doc

2. wolf of fire

Welcome to EC, don't be scared we don't bite. I hope we can help; feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about anything. BTW I think the word you are looking for is gay, you are a gay man if you are attracted to other men.

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. You'll find everyone here most welcoming and others here that will be able to relate to what you are going through. How old are you? And how many years have you been dealing with this alone. I would have to agree with the above poster. I would consider you a gay man. You'd only be straight if you wanted to stay female. But that's just a technicality who really cares anyway. Describe it however you feel comfortable.

4. DocPJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

See...I didn't even know what I am. I'm 48 years old. So...been keeping this a secret for a very long time.

I think I finally came to the realization I need to reach out after a recent crisis involving a coworker of mine. He's my paramedic partner, and gay, and we had a pretty f-ed up conversation that had me spinning.

Anyway, thank you.

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

6. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome

FYI gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate things.

or to put in layman's language: You are who you are and you like who you like, and it's nobody else's business.

There are loads of people like yourself here on this site. Have a look around and enjoy.
    (*hug*)

7. DocPJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Holy shit!

Who would think that just this first step would make me so happy? I took a shower, put on my favorite boxerbriefs and muscle T, and just went dancing around my kitchen listening to Panic! At the Disco's "Hallelujah" like an over-caffeinated cat.

Thank YOU.

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey DocPJ,

Welcome to EC! I hope you find it friendly and supportive - don't be afraid to get stuck in. :slight_smile: The staff are on hand if you ever need any help.

As for your situation, it sounds to me like you're a trans man who likes men. This is so, so common. Ooops, that sounded a little offensive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What I mean is that you're 100% not alone. Take a look around the forums here and you'll see that there are plenty of people in exactly the same boat as you!

9. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad to you found EC DocPJ! This is a place you have no need to be afraid in. We're all in similar boats and situations. We'll help if we can!

10. DocPJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    late night got stupid drunk and came out and tried to reach out via PM to people here but my messages keep getting kicked back as no good.

Please. I'm not good right now. Please someone talk to me.

I hate myself. I fucking hate myself. I' m a fool and a coward and nothing.

Gotta pass out.