1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! Back from Hiatus

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by greeneyes, Apr 20, 2016.

1. greeneyes

Hello! I was an active member 4 years ago when I was in my second and third year of college. Then I retreated because I was scared.

I'm back though and I'm hoping to figure out myself and be more confident and open.

For me it's been less about coming out (all of my friends knows and my mom and twin know) and more about accepting myself. My mom told me I misunderstood friendship and myself and basically dismissed it as a phase, which I think was hard on me at the time.

Now I just have trouble forming romantic relationships. My closest friends are individual bonds that have formed over years. I feel like the real me isn't something that most people are interested in except those who have known me for a really long time.

I guess I'm back because this fall I had a bad experience with dating where it was a fantasy romantically and the physical stuff was problematic as well.

I know I tampered down my attraction to women because I was afraid I lost my parent's approval, but I think I also didn't like it about myself. I have been criticised for having a too aggressive, pseudo-masculine, personality, and my weight has yo-yoed which makes it hard to wear clothes I find express me.

Anyway thank you internet for listening. I don't want to prevent my own happiness from happening, so I would like to work this shit out so I can meet an awesome person to laugh with and snuggle with and cry with when periods are happening.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back to the community! I am sure you will be able to figure things out. We are here to help. Feel free to reengage with others, and ask away. :slight_smile:

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome back to the forum! :slight_smile:

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Greeneyes! Trying to figure out ourselves is much harder than it seems. I know we always want to please our parents but you have to be happy with yourself first. Take your time and breathe... Nice to meet you!

5. Amelia17

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey greeneyes, Newbie here :slight_smile:
    I can relate to what you said about accepting yourself.. And it can be a real bummer having your sexual orientation passed off as a phase or misunderstood friendship.
    The fact that you are still striving for happiness is a truly great thing! Being aware and acknowledging that you were afraid is a giant step to that self acceptance. Take one day at a time, before you know it someone will be there, laughing and crying next to you :slight_smile:

6. greeneyes

Thanks everyone!

7. Marcie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome back!