1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just another not out story!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by pyari, Apr 25, 2016.

1. pyari

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hi all! well, I stumbled across this forum randomly; and feel proud to be part of it already! I wanted to introduce myself, but perhaps seek some advice and support as well! as the title suggests, I'm not out yet! in fact, I really didn't know/recognise that I was gay till very recently, which is a big deal really given I'm in my mid-thirties. To give some background, I'm a muslim; and from quite a conservitive family background, on top of that, I have a disability. I've lived a very independent life on my own terms for the most part, so choosing my sexuality just felt like diversity too far! it just felt like too many titles; Muslim, disabled, female lesbian; I wasn't brave enough! I got married 5 years ago, following allot of society pressure. I married a wonderful kind man, but very quickly cracks began to appear in our marriage. We drifted apart quite quickly and had little to no sexual relationship. I did suffer childhood abuse and had never really dealt with this, so decided to seek counselling around these issues. The therapy actually did help; however one of the things it flagged strongly was the fact that I'm likely gay! while I had always made myself believe my sexual problems came from the abuse, it was rather that I just fancied women! and while my marriage wasn't working out, it was less to do with abuse, and more to do with us not being compatable! but where did I go with this? I mean, I'm married, never had a relationship with a woman; neither intimate nor sexual; these are all feelings; but they don't go away, and may distroy my life! I guess I'm here just to meet others with similar stories to tell; to get advice, lern from you guys and work out my way forward! apologies for rambling and pouring so much in to my first post; now that the heavy stuff is over I can just chill and get to know you all! thanks in advance! Px

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! We're here to help and support you ^^ Be honest with yourself, if you don't love your husband then don't stay with him and find yourself a woman who you will truly love ( I'm sure there is one out there c: ). I wish you good luck!

3. Sassalot

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! I'm new here too. We all come from different backgrounds, but face many similar obstacles. I hope we both find some of the support this community seems to have :slight_smile:

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. hopehope86

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've read your post and I'm wondering how your story went on after that?
    I hope I don't sound as busybody or something but I'm interested because many women I've known are in similar situation.
    I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Amal and I'm 30yo, a female obviously:icon_bigg

Hope to hear from soon