1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BIdingMyTime, Apr 26, 2016.

1. BIdingMyTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all!

Bi/Fluid/Pan/Queer (still obviously deciding on an identity but I have some deep-seeded and mostly unrelated issues with labels so this is proving to be the hardest part).
    Either way, I'm sick of blowing it off as straight so here I am, gently exploring this beautiful universe that feels a bit more like home. :slight_smile:
    Not out to anyone but I'm also getting pretty sick of that. I have a really good friend who is out who I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell first. I'm mostly here for some coming out advice. I currently live in a largish city but am originally from a super small, conservative, religious town so I don't know how I'm going to navigate that yet. It wasn't going to be an issue but now it's looking like I'm going to have to spend a significant chunk of the summer on my dad's couch so new worries are coming up.
    I watch a lot of TV and do a lot of Internet
    You are all super wonderful and this site so far has been amazing! It's great to be here! (&&&)

#1 BIdingMyTime, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :wave:

4. Jemstone7

Welcome. I am new here as well. I am pleased to report my son just came out to me today. I hope you have a great relationship with your father as well.

It seems you are quite courageous in your efforts. The one thing I have learned is that coming out is delicate work and should be on your terms. I'm very supportive of my son and I love him with all I have.

There is a section on advice to coming out that may be helpful. Look on the other sections as well. Sometimes families struggle just as much both ways.

For me I desperately wanted my son to know he could approach me, but I wanted the advice to do it the right way. Turns out, this was the best place I could do that!

Good luck moving forward and I hope my words were helpful to you.

5. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! ^^