1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Know How to Come Out...Help!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Dipstixx, May 3, 2016.

1. Dipstixx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I need help taking steps to "coming out of the closet", as the term is. I haven't told anyone yet, and it feels horrible :tears: I just need help. I don't know what I'm supposed to say! Should I wait a year? Please, anyone tell me!

2. Umme

Ther's no need to wait a year if you know everyone is going to be accepting. Otherwise, I don't know, everyone I know was. I was(and am) very lucky.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the forum.

Take a deep breath, sister. There are many here who can help you through your journey. Don't feel pressured to come out if you aren't ready. There will come a time, and you will have the courage to do it, and there will be support for you (whether family, friends, or EC). In the meanwhile, make yourself at home. EC is a great and welcoming community with many people to relate to.

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya Dipstixx. I went through that too but I waited till I was 19 to finally come out... Like Kodo said take a breathe, we're here for you!

6. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!
    First of all, Welcome!

You don't have to wait another year! In fact, the younger, the better. I came out this year and I am 13.
    So, start by coming out not to your closest friends, but to the ones who you think will be the most accepting.
    The first person you come out to will always be the hardest. Make sure that first person is going to be accepting. If he/she isn't... you might not wanna come out again for a long time.
    Even though it might seem really hard to do it in real life, it is always the best option.
    Unless you are coming out publicly, avoid social media. For example, if you come out to one person on Whatsapp, and he/she turns out not to be accepting, they can screenshot the conversation and out you to everyone! That's one bad thing that could happen.
    The first person is going to be extremely hard as i said, then it gets really easy.
    If you are planning on coming out publicly, you could just do it on social media. Like a tweet maybe?

All in all, just do it to someone supportive!

Thank you! :slight_smile: