1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's complicated

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BinMS, May 16, 2016.

1. BinMS

Hi, I'm a 45 y/o bisexual, polyamorous man, that's been in a monogamous, hetero- marriage for 20 years now. For the past 14 years I've been disabled due to a broke back. The stress of being disabled has taken it's toll on me and I find myself in the need of non-straight friends.

I came out at 18, and lived for several years as a gay man, because it was easier than living as straight. Now I remember why LOL. I love my wife more than anything, and will not do anything to lose her, if only she believed that as much as I do. She has known about me from the beginning, and was ok with it to a point, but she is extremely jealous when it comes to my gay side. She isn't worried about other women, but knows that she can't offer what a man can. My older two step-sons both know about me, and I can be myself around them, they love to joke with me about my gay side.

The thing is, I have a need for both a man and a woman, not one or the other. But being monogamous she just can't understand how someone can love more than one person at a time. Also, she really can't understand needing a relationship with both sexes, but there are just some emotional things that only a man or a woman can provide, and I need both. Strange thing is the kids are on my side, and have tried to convince her that I would never leave her.

I was in a couple of relationships in the past that included me, and a man, and a woman. Those were the most emotionally fulfilling relationships I've ever been in. Although, my current is the best relationship I've ever had, and the most emotionally fulfilling by one person.

I've had an interesting (complicated) life, having enjoyed both good and not-good, times. I wouldn't change a thing about my life, all that has made me who I am today. I'm sure over time I will get the chance to tell about some of the things I've been through.

See ya around the boards

2. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: