1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**URGENT: PLEASE READ** Sign of Support

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ambivalence0219, May 17, 2016.

1. Hello, everyone. I started using Empty Closets a couple of days ago. This post, however, is not about me. It is about another new member (as of yesterday) called IamDone and what he is going through. Yesterday, he posted a blog that brought me to tears called "I am lost" about his constant struggle being a homosexual boy living in Amman. I hoped to send him a message of support (which I will include below) but I could not comment on his post, post on his public wall, nor send him a private message. It would mean everything to me if someone could pass on my message today as he may not be around tomorrow, if his post is any indication. Please, show your support for him any way that you can.

The following message is what I was trying to send him:

Hello, IamDone. Hearing your story in your "I am lost" post brought me to tears. I cannot imagine what you must be going through every day. The cruelty that you encountered on behalf of your cousin and the rest of your family is truly despicable. It must be so difficult having to constantly live in fear of your own family and everyone around you. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Unfortunately, we are separated by thousands of miles. I cannot be with you physically, but I know that I and probably everybody in Empty Closets feels your plight, can understand your suffering, and will do everything we can to help you. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. I will not try to persuade you not to take your life. I'm not even sure if I would endure being in your position, but if your family would hate solely because you like boys, then they can hardly be considered your family at all. You do not have to believe in a religion where being gay makes you unrighteous and where people are sent to hell just for that. If I learned anything from reading your blog post, it is that you are the most worthy person I know of going to heaven. I hope you find a reason to continue. You are the bravest people I have ever met. No matter what you choose, I will remember you and your courage.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be able to go to his wall here and comment since he has the wall visible. If you still cannot then I will post your reply on his blog.

3. Butterfly2016

I read it too. Its so sad...and also very scary. I hate seeing someone on the edge of giving up. He has so much life ahead of him. He has to keep fighting.

4. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're here for him!

5. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really urge everyone to reach out!

6. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to pass this by, but I actually read his blog post... it's incredibly sad and disheartening, and this guy needs help. Does anyone know where this thread should be located? This doesn't seem like the appropriate forum. And does anyone know of any professional help EC could help him find?

7. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have it on good authority that the Staff are looking into this.