1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by phantomtech, May 20, 2016.

1. phantomtech

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm phantomtech and I heard about this website a few days ago.

I joined because although I've been out on the internet for a while and thought I knew my identity for the most part, lately I've just been a little... confused, I guess, for the lack of a better word. I'm just not exactly sure what my gender is and I wanted an anonymous place where I could maybe "pin down" exactly what I'm feeling gender-wise.

I have never come out to anyone in my family about my gender or my sexuality because of biases that they hold. I don't think that I would be in danger for telling them, but I do think that now isn't the right time to do so (especially as I am not sure myself and it would make it difficult). I've always known that my father is very homophobic and, now with more trans issues in the media every day, even more so transphobic.

My mom isn't as much and I believe would be more ready to accept me if I were to come out. As I've always had a close relationship with my parents, I feel like staying in the closet forever isn't an option, but I am also very torn about coming out. Losing my parents, especially my mother, would be the most heartbreaking thing in the world. I would love for nothing more than them to join me on my journey, whatever it may be.

That being said, as I am schooled at home, I have nobody in "real life" to talk to about issues like this and very few online friends. I am hoping that coming on here and talking with other people like myself in a relatively anonymous space might help me.

I have anxiety regarding my identity, and being anonymous I feel might help me to put out the image of myself that I want and help me to figure out exactly who I am. Especially with the blogs on here, I feel, like if I need to brain dump about feelings I'm having I can do so without fear of other people I know seeing it when I'm not necessarily ready for them to, but also where I can get some feedback from others who have maybe had a similar experience.

I guess this is long enough and I probably shouldn't have said as much as I did, lol. Thank you for bearing through it if you did read the whole thing, and I hope to befriend some of you in the future.

2. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

3. Butterfly2016

4. awakingasleep

Hey and nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum! I wish you luck on your journey to find yourself. If you need someone to talk to, we are here:smilewave

5. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! I'm struggling with my gender too and I'm really close to my mother. I've actually told her about my confusion regarding that and she's supportive, thankfully. My dad is homophobic, idk his opinion on trans tho but I think he's not acceptant of that too. You aren't alone in this.

Hope we can become friends! C:

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome~! ^.^

7. killswitch0029

8. xAce

Out Status:
    A few people
    Heya, welcome to EC! I'm Ace and I'm going through much the same as you are. I'm questioning my identity and having trouble figuring out who I am. This site is a blessing though and I know you'll find all the help and support you need here. Don't feel pressure to figure out your identity too quickly as everything comes in its own time. I hope that when you do settle on who you are and decide to come out that your mother is supportive. Til then you have all of us on here!

#8 xAce, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016