1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

never come out

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bisexualguy46, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Bisexualguy46

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i am 46 years old and still have never come out to anybody about being bisexual. i live in the deep south and there is extreme homophobic people where i live and all my family is to . that is why i do not think i will ever come out.what i would like to no if anybody else has went through this situation and how they handled it.

2. AllRyledUp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One day my friend, one day.

3. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am afraid but I haven't really. Although, I'm livin' my life with the secret of mine towards my family and relatives. Some few of my friends, my closest ones, are the only ones who know my true me. I have a higher interest when it comes to female clothing and would love to crossplay (cosplayin', or dress up and become a character from a movie or game of the opposite sex.) Where I live, things aren't as strict as it sounds to where you live. But there are hatred towards people like me, if they only knew. It's causin' me feelin' this pressure and since I'm very sensitive (just when someone raises their voice makes me feel unpleasant and goes directly to defend mode) I don't dare to reveal my self. Or as I personally call towards myself only: Releasin' the beast

Do you have any friends that doesn't judge people like us? Someone that you can truly trust and know that he/she can keep a secret??

#3 Misadori, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. Bisexualguy46

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a younger cousin he is gay and I think he knows I am not straight but I am afraid if he finds out that other people will to. I have struggled with my sexuality for a long time now and it bothers me to think that I can't be who I really am for fear of hate and losing what family I have.

6. Lilygirl2520

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So question, are you able to have relationships with others that are not part of your family group? Someone who can be a vent. Family is those that you surround yourself with that makes you feel like a whole person. Sometimes family is not blood, but those that love you for who you are.

7. Bisexualguy46

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No not really I have a few friends but they are straight and I just fill if I tell them I am bisexual they want understand my feelings or just not talk to me anymore. It's hard living like this but maybe one day I will find the strength and courage to finally come out to everybody.

8. nirosnoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand. I'm from the south, too. I had a transgender friend in high school, and half of the kids would respect him and his pronouns, but a LOT of them would refuse to use the right pronouns or they'd talk shit about him. Kids are much more progressive, as well, so I can't imagine what it must be like as an adult. I'm terrified of coming out. I feel like if I did, I'd have to cut ties with my family and that's something I could never do.

9. Bisexualguy46

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's the way I fill I know if I every come out I would lose all my family and that's all I really have. What hurts so bad is that I cannot be who I really am because of their homophobic views

10. nirosnoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For sure. It's hard to be closeted because it literally changes how you interact with people on a day-to-day, one-on-one scale. You're forced to say things that aren't true, you're forced to act a certain way, etc. The only person in my family I ever told was my mother and she told me that she'd never support me as a man. Sometimes, I feel like it just comes down to what you want and need more. Do you need such toxic people stopping you from being happy? Or do you need that family more than you need to live as yourself? Who knows. I actually have considered just moving away and living as I need to elsewhere, only keeping in contact through social media. The only problem is that I still wouldn't be able to transition like that. It could be something you could look into though. Good luck either way!

11. Bisexualguy46

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It has changed me a lot for the worse I have mood swings one time I will be happy next time I will start crying for no reason. To here my own family call gay people bad names which I will not say because just the thought of them doing that makes me physically sick to my stomach. And when I am around people and they start talking negatively about gay people I just want to tell them that they are people to and you can't help who you fall in love with but all I do is stay silent. I just stay so confused and upset all the time but one day hopefully I can get the courage and strength up to be who I am and be happy in life. Good luck on your situation to I hope everything turns out good for you.