1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! In need of some help! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Vacancy, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Vacancy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello!
    I just recently came out to my mother and sister last night. I live with them and my father is not in the picture anymore. I've been contemplating coming out for about a year now and I was just thinking about how I would do it last night. Well, I made the best split second decision to go tell my sister! The reason I told her first is because my mom might have cancer (she will find out next week and I'm really worried). I wasn't sure if it was an appropriate time for me to come out so I wanted to ask my sister what she thought. I decided to tell my mom because I was positive that my mom would accept me. I guess I was more worried that it would be a bad time to tell everyone else too. Both of them are accepting of it and they are really great! Even though they just found out last night, they aren't asking awkward questions and are treating me the same! I'm wondering what I should do now. I'm a very popular person at school and have a bunch of officer positions, play varsity sports, and I'm even President of the Student Body. I'm not worried about if my friends will accept me, I'm worried about anyone who I'm not supper close with. What if they don't accept me? The majority of people expect me to act perfect 24/7. I'm in a really tough place and I feel a lot of pressure. Any suggestions?:icon_sad:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have told the most important people and having their support will make a big difference. One of the things we worry most about is telling people and having the news leak back to family, but you have already made sure that cannot happen.

Being gay sometimes means standing up and being counted and you might consider that important as President of the Student Body (to be a role model). Could you begin by telling your supportive friends first and then some good teachers who might back you up if/when you go public?

I'm pleased you joined EC to talk about this and I hope your mother will be okay. Stick around and talk to us some more, we do care and we are here to help and offer support.

3. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The hardest part is telling family... You did good! The rest will come in time. Good luck!

Bright Blessings!

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! Congrats on coming out! ^^

6. mirkku

Congrats on coming out! :slight_smile: I hope your mother will be alright.
    Hang in there, we'll help as much as we can! Welcome here~

7. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC Vacancy!!:grin: And so nice to hear that you've come out to your family!! Congratulations really, that's really awesome to hear!!!:grin::grin: I'm still collectin' courage to do the same towards my family about havin' transthoughts. I'd love to come out someday and it surely takes a lot of courage. You had the courage and you took the step. Awesome, I salute you man!:wink:

Like what KarenLyn and Patrick said, the hardest part is to tell the family!! I know that for sure and you've mastered the hardest part!:grin: (at least what I consider as hardest too.)

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi there. Welcome.