1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender Help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by UnknownWaffle, Jun 29, 2016.

1. UnknownWaffle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Am I transgender?I'm young, no one in my family is trans. But every since I was little, my dad always hoped I was a boy as baby. I came out as a girl so he still wanted to see if I like boy things I guess and I honestly liked it. My mom hated him buying my boy shoes and my first bike was from boys.I never liked the girly ones. Never liked the color pink. As I moved from elementary to middle school, I had a bun to cover it, I had a beanie over it. I didn't really like my long hair.I enjoyed wearing boyish clothes. I liked have my boy moments. Though,i always had a crush on guys. Something important to me leaving middle school, was making my mom happy. My dad had left 7th grade and so I had slowly stopped myself from doing these things.Im now raised by two women.Mom and sister. They always want me to dress like an older girl of my self, which I enjoyed sometimes too. But I think what if, I enjoyed being my younger myself then now. So now I've talked to my mom about getting my hair cut really short, pixie cut. She doesn't like the idea, she starts saying like "what? your crazy" or "whos putting these ideas in your head?" or "know these girls who have cancer, and wish to have hair". I want to cut my hair, to experiment and to have confidence. Which is something I haven't had lately.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't sound like you are trans just someone who wants to experiment with different forms of gender expression. Being trans is a completely different experience from what you describe, for most people who are transmen there is a strong feeling that they are really men or were supposed to be born as a man. There is usually also a feeling of extreme wrongness and pain associated with having a female body.

It typically has nothing to do with gender expression. Women commonly express themselves in similar ways as men, many have short hair and styles of dress that are considered more masculine or hobbies that are stereotypically male.

#2 Eveline, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  3. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted to say what eveline said, but I didn't want to offend you in any way shape or form.
    What I see is your following stereotypes rather than saying from a young age "I felt like I was a boy" or "I feel trapped in this body" not that those are the only forms of expressing it. I ask you if those actions where not donned as male/female would you still assume your more likely male?
    also welcome, and food for thought! :slight_smile:

4. Funny

Wow, I don't know how old you are, but I'd just go with whatever you like when it comes to clothes and cutting your hair! You are who you are, whether you are trans or not. I don't think a preference for a color has anything to do with whether you're trans or not.

Further, well I don't really know, I have wondered for a little while whether I'm trans(ish), but I think I'm not. I don't really like how your mom reacted, it seems she isn't comfortable with the way you want to dress (cut your hair), but I'm not sure why it would be such a problem...

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

There's plenty of people and support here for you!

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    s Eveline said, a lot of what you described is basically stereotype. You sound more gender nonconforming than you do transgender.
    You should totally experiment with your gender. There are plenty of females that ha e short hair. Do a Google search of short female hair styles and you'll be occupied for days. You can show your mom those results as well to show that what you want is right on par with the modern girl. Short hair is in as is long hair. To mix it up show her pictures of men with long hair and then ask if they can have long hair then why can't you have short hair?