1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Space Cat, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Space Cat

I've been lurking here for a few months and decided to make an account because, well... I'm questioning my gender and simply needed someplace to go.

My parents, though I wouldn't call transphobic, certainly don't seem supportive of me. They're constantly guilt-tripping and trying talk me out of stuff like getting top surgery one day (the only thing I'm certain about; I'm at a complete loss as far as everything else goes), and whenever I talk to them about these things, most of the time they're pretty dismissive and unsympathetic. Mom, maybe not so much, but Dad? Definitely. My dysphoria is getting worse all the time, and I had a full-blown crisis last night at 3 am in the shower. I have literally dozens of mental health issues in my life, and this on top of all that is causing me severe stress and anxiety.

I desperately want to come out at school next year, but I don't even know how to go about it, and I'm scared of what people's reactions will be. I go to a (pretty chill) Catholic school, and although many people there are supportive of LGBT+ folk, including the teachers and principal, several students in my class seem particularly homophobic/transphobic. Those who know I'm questioning and aren't in my group of very nice, very supportive friends have given me a lot of hate for this.

So, to cut a really long story short, that's where I stand as of this moment. Er... hi? :eusa_shif

2. Fedora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to the EC forums. I'm very sorry about the situation you are in. I hope you are able to get better. If you ever need help, there's sections that you can create threads in that are for helping with coming out & family/relationship problems & you will be able to get very helpful advice. :slight_smile:

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: