1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, this is a new one for me.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kittykat1106, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Kittykat1106

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've not spoken to anyone before about being a lesbian, I've only just come out to myself... I've blocked so much in my life that I didn't think my family or friends would approve of that when I hit 25 I realised I didn't know myself and I wasnt happy that I was so alone. I was suffering from depression and anxiety the worst I've had for years and decided enough was enough I needed to concentrate on me for once, I'd kept myself distracted with uni and work that I never had to face it. I'm at square one now... and really need some advice and help. Or just a friend at this point...

2. MakoShark

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the process of coming out to my parents but its hard you just have to hope for the best. what i would do is start with family first they are most important .

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2016 at 02:59 AM ----------

anyway I'm no help but welcome to EC!!

3. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can totally relate to this. I have always found that I have distracted myself from everything with study, volunteering and working. It stopped me thinking about myself and who I am. I then came to square one last year. All I can say is take care it does get better. Try to find out who you and what you like. It is fine to take your time everyone gets through this at their own pace.

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: