1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i Trans?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Liz Hope, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Liz Hope

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, i'm not sure about posting my male name so i'm just gonna call myself Liz for now.
    So i've been questionning my gender identity for a while now. But everytime i think about it i feel mostly fear, anxiety and doubt. And i can't get thoses questions out of my head.
    Either i feel like i'm making progress then the next day thoses progress have mostly been replaced by "no way you're trans".
    I've been depressed for like 2 years and i face panic attack sometimes in public. And because of that i'm scared to see a therapist or any other help, i barely get out of my flat.
    I vagely talked about my problem to my brother and other people seem to have found my struggle, but i don't know what to say to them cause... I just don't know, yet?

Thank you :kiss:

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! Welcome to EC! It's okay if you don't know yet, a lot of people don't figure it out just like that. But it would be a great idea if you could talk about it. Just saying that you don't know what gender you are is a good beginning. I wish you good luck! ^^

3. AlexanderTheOwl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! It took me over 7 years to work out what my dysphoria meant and to come to terms with it. Now, I am happily out to my class. Unfortunately, I have a really homophobic and transphobic family, so I'm not coming out until I leave the household at 18.
    No one is pressuring you. Just be yourself. And if you don't know who you are, then find out. Everyone does eventually
    :slight_smile:
    - a trans guy

4. Liz Hope

Thanks for the advices :slight_smile:
    Yes talking about it seems a good idea but i'm scared to tell if i'm not sure, i'm scared to be silly if it turns out true, or not... maybe i shouldn't worry so much idk. And i guess i'm starting to talk about it right here so ^^ it's a start
    Be brave alexander, and remember that family can surprise you sometimes don't judge too quickly, they'll come around it eventualy if they don't right away :wink:

Wishing you good night ^^
    Bye

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

This forum will help you out a lot. For myself, I spent many years wondering about my own gender identity and doubts are natural.

6. Liz Hope

Thanks alex,

First of all sorry if i spell some words wrong, english is not my mother language, i'm belgian.
    I spent a few days reading comments and post. They help me understanding more my situation but after a while doubts get in the way and like... erase all progress i've made in my head. It's like i'm stuck in a circle... How do i move on to the path of conclusions?
    I told my friends i was questionning my gender and they took it very well, i know that they won't reject me if i transition. Beeing drunk help sometimes ^^