1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by christy, Jul 14, 2016.

1. christy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, im christy. I am currently 20 years old and my whole life I have identified as straight up until just recently. Ive been feeling very confused about my sexual orientation lately. I never once questioned my sexuality growing up because, being a christian in a conservative christian family, i was taught it was wrong, so I didn't even think of it as a possibility. But the more I think about it the more I seem to have always had a thing for girls. I have never had a boyfriend, I just told myself maybe im just not ready for one yet, and Ive gotten crushes on girls my whole life but told myself it was just admiration or something. I even remember when I was about 8 me and a friend who was a girl used to like undressing when we would go to eachothers houses, and we liked looking at/touching eachother. lol, I was young though so I thought that was normal. Is that normal kid behavior? I still dont even know, ha. I even kissed my best girl friend on a dare before and liked it. lol. Also my best friend got her first boyfriend recently, and all I could feel was jealousy that he was getting all her love, and it broke me up into this crazy depression. I never even thought about it until recently but I think I might be gay or bi...only thing is I couldnt come out to my family if I am, because I just know they would judge me so harshly and tell me its a sin. So I came on here in hopes of finding others who can relate, and possibly getting a better idea of who I am inside. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#1 christy, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. Bahh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hullo, Christy! Let me be the first to welcome you to EC! It's a truly wonderful place, and we'll try our absolute best to help you answer you questions! Now, in regards to the question you wrote, it does seem as though you might be gay or bi, but only you can truly answer that question. Also, don't let your conservative family keep you from being who you are! Though don't feel pressured to come out to them (or even yourself, yet) at all, EC is here to specifically help with these kinds of things. Also, feel free to make threads about any questions/concerns you may have at all, and we'll do our best to answer them! ^-^ Once again, welcome!

Hope I helped,
    Bahh~

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

4. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! I think that you might possibly be gay or bi, but it's up to you to decide how you want to be labeled. I wish you good luck!~ ^^

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC~! ^.^

6. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. HuskyLover

Welcome to EC, I'm sure you'll have a great time here! :slight_smile:

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there :slight_smile:

#8 HM03, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  9. christy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks a lot guys. Sometimes i feel a bit alone thinking about all of this but its nice to find friendly people on here.

10. NewHaircut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome Christy! You aren't alone here! And re your family, no matter what happens try to remember that the only thing that matters is how *you* feel about yourself, not what anyone else does (or might) think. Stay true!

11. DemiNic

Welcome to EC Christy! You are certainly not alone in being confused with orientation! Look at me, I'm basically liquid! Haha ^_^

Everyone here is SUPER supportive, you'll love your time on this forum, trust me!

See you around,
    ~Nic ^_^